What we're about
The Atlanta Interfaith and Nonfaith Service Association is a joint force of religious and nonreligious people committed to improving life in our community.
Join us here and on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantaINSA) if you share a passion for volunteering and agree that it's good to:
• Serve others in our community
• Work together because of our similarities and build respect
• Establish communication and relationships that transcend theological and philosophical differences
We participate in a monthly group-based service event for a local 501c3 organization (examples below).
All monthly opportunities are for organizations whose events:
• Are professionally managed and suitable for all participants -- no special skills or background needed
• When needed, provide their own day-of-event training -- 15 minutes or less normally
• Are for groups of between 5 and 50 people
• Last between 1 and 3 hours -- on average
Join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantaINSA) to share thoughts and resources on volunteering, transcending differences, creating mutual respect, or to create social events to augment our service events!
Recruiting people for other opportunities
Atlanta's volunteer needs are large and varied. Our monthly events are group events for people to get involved without needing specialized skills. But, if you volunteer for other groups or causes that transcend differences and need people with specific skills, then please join our community on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantaINSA) to recruit!
If there are any podcasting experts out there, I'd love some help in creating one to chronicle our progress as a community. The centering theme for the show will be to discuss why and how we are motivated to transcend differences to work in solidarity for community improvement.
Some of the organizations we serve include:
• Hands-On-Atlanta (http://www.handsonatlanta.org/)
• The Atlanta Community Foodbank (http://www.acfb.org/)
• Mental Fitness Atlanta (http://www.mentalfitnessatl.org)
• Books for Africa (http://www.booksforafrica.org/)
• Medshare International (http://www.medshare.org/locations/southeast)
• The Global Soap Project (https://www.facebook.com/globalsoap/info/?tab=overview)
• CoderDojo Ponce Springs (http://www.meetup.com/CoderDojoPonceSprings)
• PowerMyLearning Atlanta (http://powermylearning.org/learn/locations/atlanta)