addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Skeptics Message Board › Christianity and the Job Search--and My Attempts to Deal With It

Christianity and the Job Search--and My Attempts to Deal With It

Snotti Prince St. ...
GrenadineYankee
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 1
I must reiterate that I had an absolutely amazing time getting "back into the fold," so to speak, and reacquainting myself to everyone involved at the Skepticamp this past weekend. As I mentioned to some individuals, I have been immersed by the impact/effects of incorporating Christianity into the entire job search and career development process. More succinctly, nearly all of the job networking seminars I have attended over the past year have been a part of the Crossroads Career Network, a Christ-based non-profit dedicated to involving God over every single aspect of employment research. The overall website not only includes a "Prayer Request" section and a blog, but it also includes a free 2011 Worksheet with various pieces of Scripture incorporated into much of the practical advice and exercises.

For clarification purposes, I have attended the following churches over the past year or so within the Crossroads Network:

Everything that transpired this weekend has truly inspired me to a level of which I wasn't aware. The high level of camaraderie, wisdom, and humor that I witnessed has only convinced me even more the need for an essay and presentation on the role that Christianity has played in today's economic and workforce environments. Perhaps at next year's Skepticamp, my presentation will be on how Christianity continues to exploit godless and secular ideas and technologies--especially those involved with marketing and advertisements--to emulate the dynamic nature of human societies (and American culture) in particular. I think that some of us need to collaborate exploring (and critiquing) the ethical, philosophical, and psychological aspects of being a "Christian job seeker" and discussing whether the concept of God "designing" a job for individuals does much more harm than good in this climate.

Should the possibility of "Employment Theology" be taken seriously? It's hard to tell as of now, but I think that absolutely nothing is going to change if we in the secular and godless community don't address this issue with the exact same passion and commitment as we do science, ethics, health, and education.