Update: Okay, looks like the hike is on! I changed the date to the first Saturday in January at 11:00 am. Please do not change the time or details.
Cheatham Hill/Kolb Farm Trail
1125 Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144
We will NOT be hiking the mountain. We will NOT be hiking the mountain. We will NOT be hiking the mountain. DO NOT go to the visitor center.
1. Head North(From Atlanta) or South(From Chattanooga) on I-75 to exit 269 Barrett Pkwy.
2. If you are coming from Atlanta make a LEFT off the freeway. If you are coming from Chattanooga make a RIGHT.
3. Head northwest (straight) on Barrett Pkwy for about 5 miles.
4. Turn left onto GA-120 E/Dallas Hwy.
5. Turn right onto John Ward Rd SW.
6. Turn left onto Cheatham Hill Rd. Parking lot is on the right.
The trail is part of the Kennesaw mountain trail network. There is a parking lot on that road (Cheatham Hill) where we will all meetup. Be sure to bring water and just to let you all know there are NO bathrooms on the trail. The hike should take about an hour and a half to complete. After the hike, we will meetup at Sweet Tomatoes for a great lunch. If it rains, I will reschedule the event. My name is John (J) and I can be reached at 678-570-0920. I look forward to seeing you all on the trail. Let's have some fun!
How about a hike and a vegetarian meal to help us unwind and have some fun. The trail is very easy to travel (no big hills and only 5 miles long) and the restaurant is very close. I think doing this once a month on a Saturday would be a great way to socialize, relieve stress, and load up on some essential vitamin D.
Go to Attendee List