This Meetup was canceled.
TYPE: Weekly |PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: some dirt and some sidewalk trail |DISTANCE: Approx. 2.5 mi |
Walk Description: This is an excited new route for Aurora Ambles! This walk will include Delaney Farm, High Line Canal, and some historic structures. We meet weekly and will extend our route if the group has time and the weather is being nice. (This walk will repeat every Tuesday for the month of April as part of our Aurora Amble's Debut Walk Series. If you'd like to consider leading this walk in the future please RSVP for our June 14th Walking Movement Leader Training here (http://bit.ly/2nF4xJL).)
Walk Leader: Hi, I am Robbin Mitchell. I really started walking about 3 years ago after being injured and laid up for 4years. I have found my joy for nature and nurture walking with other people. I'm also the Co-Captain of the Aurora Amble Walk2Connect Regional Team.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: Park on 1st Ave and Chambers. We'll on 1st Ave at the green gate to Delaney Farm. We'll go over Walk2Connect goals & safety and leave no later than 6:10. We'll return no later than 7pm unless the group decides together.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We will be crossing major streets, please be mindful.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & walking shoes, a light backpack for snacks and water, and layers/protection for the seasons weather.
– Restrooms are only really available at the beginning before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
-We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” ( http://walk2connect.wpengine.com/welcomewaiver (http://walk2connect.wpengine.com/welcomewaiver)) or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) here on Meetup or B) call or text [masked][masked]
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emailshere ( http://eepurl.com/XPdKH (http://eepurl.com/XPdKH))
2. Keep checking our main event calendarhere ( http://www.walk2connect.com/events (http://www.walk2connect.com/events))
3. Follow us on Facebook here ( http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect (http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect))
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here ( http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/ (http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/))
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here ( http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/ (http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/))
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH