Machine Learning with Python is a new course organized by the Austin ACM SIGKDD Chapter. The course consists of 11 sessions that will cover the main concepts of Machine Learning, and it will be taught by a group of 10 instructors.
We will use the following book as a reference "Building Machine Learning Systems with Python" by Willi Richert and Luis Pedro Coelho. However, we are not planning to cover each and every topic/section in the book. The instructors may use other references and bring new materials.
The topic of this lecture is "Working with Big Data" presented by Chance Coble.
An official ACM certificate will be awarded to those who complete the course. In order to qualify, you need to attend at least 7 sessions.
Visa (12301 Research Blvd, Bldg 3, Austin, TX 78759) will sponsor the classes and provide pizza and drinks.
Parking is available in front of the Visa building. If you cannot find a spot, you can park in the garage behind the building.
Seating is limited to the first 50 to RSVP each week. Please bring a picture ID and arrive early to assist with the sign-in process. Please arrive no later than 7:00PM.
Please send your full name when RSVP, and let me knwo if you have any questions. RSVP will end on 7/14 at 4PM.
7:00 Pizza + Networking
• April 22: GETTING STARTED WITH PYTHON ML, by Chance Coble
• April 29: HOW TO CLASSIFY WITH REAL-WORLD EXAMPLES, by Roger Huang
• May 06: CLUSTERING – FINDING RELATED POSTS, by Misty Nodine
• May 13: TOPIC MODELING, by Christine Doig
• May 20: CLASSIFICATION, by Craig Varrichio
• June 02: CLASSIFICATION II – SENTIMENT ANALYSIS, by Jennifer Davis
• June 10 : REGRESSION – RECOMMENDATIONS, by Jessica Williamson
• June 25 : Ensemble Learning, by Omar Odibat
• July 01: COMPUTER VISION – PATTERN RECOGNITION, by Ed Solis
• July 08: DIMENSIONALITY REDUCTION, by Robert Chong
•July 15: BIG(GER) DATA, by Chance Coble