addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin All-Girl Hack Night Message Board › Cracking the Coding Interview talk instead of our next meeting?

Cracking the Coding Interview talk instead of our next meeting?

Elze H
user 7599177
Austin, TX
Hi everyone,

Next Wednesday Hacks and Hackers meetup will host a presentation "Cracking the Coding Interview", given by the author of a book with the same title. Here is a link to the meetup.com event:

http://meetupaustin.h...­

Unfortunately, the day and time -- November 14, 7 pm -- coincides with our regular meeting. Having recently gone on several job interviews that involved programming problems, I find this topic to be very interesting. Since many of us, if we choose to stay in the software development profession, can expect coding interviews in not-too-far future, this topic may be of interest to the whole group. What do you say we cancel our regular meeting (especially since we don't have a presentation lined up) and go listen to this talk? They'll even serve refreshments.

I am especially interested in opinions of the people who already RSVPd Yes to our November meeting. Would they be interested in going to the "Cracking the Coding Interview" talk instead?

If not, would anyone be willing to be the organizer of the Hack Night for this one time, i.e. November meeting? All it would require is to show up and "hold the fort" in our usual BuildASign conference room.

Thank you,

Elze

We don't have any presentation scheduled for this meeting, and