The October meetup is all about security tokens!
Rajesh Gopi, Co-Founder and President of Austin-based TWO12, will present on this very topical subject and will cover:
* What security tokens are, and are not.
* How security tokens relate to traditional financial instruments and assets.
* Why and how security tokens are different from utility tokens.
* A discussion of the status of the security token marketplace, including the evolving regulatory landscape and an overview of companies providing services in the space.
* How security tokens are being implemented/supported by different blockchain platforms.
* An update on TWO12 – and how it wants to engage with the Austin ecosystem.
The presentation will be interactive with plenty of time for your questions.
As usual, we will begin the evening with news about the Collective and audience shoutouts. The rough schedule is:
6.30pm - Room (ACL on Capital Factory's 16th floor) open for networking.
7pm - Welcome. Collective news and other notices. Audience shoutouts.
7.20pm - Feature presentation by Rajesh Gopi, TWO12.
8.30pm - Further networking. Adjourn to Omni bar.
9pm - Vacate room.
Thank you to Capital Factory - https://www.capitalfactory.com - for sponsoring event space in 2019 for the Austin Blockchain Collective Community Meetup. Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas. They meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers.
Validated parking for $7 is available - see https://www.capitalfactory.com/parking/.
THE COLLECTIVE STRIVES TO ENSURE THAT ITS MEETUPS AND OTHER EVENTS PROVIDE A FORUM FOR ALL TO LEARN, REGARDLESS OF EXPERTISE LEVEL. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL WHEN INTERACTING WITH OTHER ATTENDEES. NO ONE LIKES A KNOW-IT-ALL!
ALSO, PLEASE REVIEW CAPITAL FACTORY'S CODE OF CONDUCT @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bSK7FQPTdm11zvuHU7LkHFdiNXppyCDn/view?usp=sharing.