addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Beer & Cookies Book Club Message Board › Books this group has read.

Books this group has read.

A former member
Post #: 1
I decided to create a list of the books this group has read and discussed. I know the meetup site keeps track of the calendar events but I felt this post collected the list better. I have only gone back to 2008.

Dec.20-2009 CONNECTED: The Power of Our Social Networks and How They Change Our Lives
Dec 12 THE EVOLUTION OF GOD (Robert Wright)
Nov. 29 WHAT THE DOG SAW (Malcom Gladwell)
Nov.22 THE MATING MIND: How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature
Nov 15 STARSHIP TROOPERS (Robert A. Heinlein)
Nov. 7 JAINISM: An Introduction (Jeffery D. Long)
Nov.1 Classics: FRANKENSTEIN - Mary Shelley
Oct. 25 JUST AFTER SUNSET: Stories (Stephen King)
Oct.11 Magnificent Desolation: The Long Journey Home from the Moon by Buzz Aldrin
Oct. 10 Your Inner Fish @ Austin Java
Sep 20 IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW by Cecelia Ahern
Sept. 12 POPUL VUH: The Sacred Book of the Maya
Aug. 30 BILLIONAIRE'S VINEGAR: The Mystery of the World's Most Expensive Bottle of Wine
Aug.16 THE BOOK OF VICE: Very Naughty Things (and How to Do Them) - Peter Sagal
Aug. 2 BORN TO RUN: A Hidden Tribe and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
Jul 26 Dinner and a Movie: VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA
Jul 19 HAPPENS EVERY DAY: An All-Too-True Story (Isabel Gillies)
Jul 5 BEAT THE REAPER (Bazell)
Jun 28 CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS OVER AN ELEVATOR IN PIAZZA VITTORIO (Amara Lakhous)
Jun 14 THIS IS NOT CHICK LIT: Original Stories by America's Best Women Writers
Jun 7 THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (Garth Stein)
May 31 HOW WE DECIDE (Lehrer) & SWAY: The Irrstbl Pull of Irrational Behavior (Brafman)
May 24 CITY OF THIEVES (David Benioff )
May 17 MONKEYLUV: And Other Essays on Our Lives as Animals (Sapolsky)
May 10 THE LIFE BEFORE HER EYES (Laura Kasischke)
May 3 SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (Vikas Swarup)
Apr 12 HOPE IN HELL: Inside the World of Doctors Without Borders (Dan Bortolotti)
March 29 TWILIGHT - The Movie
Mar. 22 THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Stieg Larsson and Reg Keeland)
Mar. 8 SHOOT AN IRAQI (Wafaa Bilal)
Feb. 22 THE DIP: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (or Stick) (Seth Godin)
Feb. 15 OUTLIERS: The Story of Success (Malcom Gladwell)
Feb. 1 PASTORALIA (George Saunders)
Jan 18 I LIKE TO RUN TOO (Stacy Zoern)
Jan 4 REPLAY (Ken Grimwood)
Dec 21, 2008 REAL WORLD by Natsuo Kirino