addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Corgi Lovers Message Board › Meetup improvement

Meetup improvement

A former member
Post #: 5
We had around 15+ corgis show up at the first meetup, and now we are down to 3 (but we have 48 members!). So, I'd like to find out what is keeping everyone from coming back. Is it the times/days? Locations? Right now I am switching up the locations and dates so that everyone has an opportunity to attend... Would you instead prefer a consistent location, date, and time every month? Do you like the activities (corgi celebration, dogtoberfest, corgi lunch), or would you prefer just the regular dog park meetups?
Any suggestions on how to make our group awesome are greatly appreciated. Also, I've never hosted a meetup before, so please don't be afraid to tell me if I am doing something to scare everyone away. :)
Curt
user 26942112
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
So far the only thing keeping me and Pima away are scheduling conflicts. It is a busy time of year and I'll be missing the next two meetups while out of town. I think the walks around the lake are a great idea as well as the larger events like Dogtoberfest or the Corgi Celebration. I look forward to getting to know everyone better and getting Pima some playtime with some other Corgi's!

-Curt
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks for the input, Curt! Yeah, I suppose the holidays are a difficult time for many to attend meetups. Hopefully turnout will improve next year! We look forward to seeing you at upcoming meetups. :)

~Amber
Christine
user 8310628
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Ditto the above. November and December are busy months for us also. We'll try to make any events we can but January will probably be more likely.
A former member
Post #: 7
Good to know. I don't have any family, so I often forget that people get busy this time of year. :)

See you in January!

<3