addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Ever wonder what level of bike rider you are? (A,B,C, D , or E)

Ever wonder what level of bike rider you are? (A,B,C, D , or E)

Thomas M.
user 13830857
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Ever wonder what level of bike rider you are? (A,B,C, D , or E) This is off the ACA web page. Start at the intersection of Ronald Reagan Blvd and 29. Ride north for approximately 5 miles and turn around at Farm to Market road 3405. Return to the starting point. The route should be about 9.5 miles. If you ride it in:
30 or less minutes, look for an A ride
31 - 34 minutes, look for a B ride
35 - 40 minutes, look for a C ride
40 - 47 minutes, look for a D ride
50 or more minutes, look for an E ride
I did this test during the middle of my bike ride on the 4th. This is allowed me enough time to warm up and plenty of time to spin out afterwards. I think this would be fun if a group us did it.
Cheryl
user 14154973
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
This is great information, thanks! I think I'll try this Sunday morning.
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 154
That IS a great idea for a group ride.

Let's do it next time we're on Parmer.

A former member
Post #: 22
I am up for this.

Friday nights are a great night to do some road rides from 7pm - 11pm.
Need lights though.

If anyone is interested I usually do about a "C" ride with my wife.

Bill Papin usually rides with me on the Parmer BSS to 3405 and back.