addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Tres Burrito Training : Thursday June 28th

Tres Burrito Training : Thursday June 28th

A former member
Post #: 28
Thursday June 28th:

Meet at BSS on Parmer at 6:30pm
Leave BSS at 7pm sharp.
30 + mile ride.
Bring lights
2hrs 30min to 3hr ride
----------------------------------
A former member
Post #: 29
Looks like we have three riders total coming to this.
They do not use meetup so I thought I would post.

Thanks!
Susan
user 38320142
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Wes,

If you posted details about this ride, I missed it, so I apologize if I'm asking you to repeat yourself. Can you tell me the average speed of this ride? Do you have a route for this ride? If so, can you tell us about it?

Thank you,
Susan
A former member
Post #: 30
Sure no worries.

http://connect.garmin...­

There is the ride from yesterday.
We plan on doing the same or a little more tomorrow wheels down at 7am.
We are going to meet in the AJ Cycles parking lot a little after 6:30am and wheels down at 7am.

We tend to have about a 15 - 17 mph avg for the whole ride.
Depends on who is riding and how talkative we are :)

Feel free to join us for an early morning ride.

A former member
Post #: 31
If you have never ridden parmer before here is a little explanation.

We do not take any turns at all. The whole ride stays on parmer. Parmer turns into Ronald Regan.
You are in town with a some traffic the beginning of the ride then it thins out after you pass 1431.

The first big hill and probably the largest hill is right before 29.

After 29 it flattens out for a little while then a long not-so-steep downhill. 3406 is next and we turn around there but tomorrow we may go a little further but then plans change :)

On the way back you have the long not-so-steep climb out of 3406 and down some hills to 29. A little climb out of 29 and mostly downhill after that.

You tend to get a little headwind heading back than going out. Yesterday was windy that caused our times to be a little slower.

We do not ride for time mostly but the faster you go the less time it takes and less time in the saddle :)

When you are riding through town on N. Parmer we do have to pull out and get in car lanes and out of the shoulder. If you are not comfortable riding in traffic then parmer is probably not best for you.

Parmer has a very wide shoulder though and is really a great place to ride. Cars can see you because it is pretty much wide open spaces and very little curves in the road.

John C.
user 16222121
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Sure no worries.

http://connect.garmin...­

There is the ride from yesterday.
We plan on doing the same or a little more tomorrow wheels down at 7am.
We are going to meet in the AJ Cycles parking lot a little after 6:30am and wheels down at 7am.

We tend to have about a 15 - 17 mph avg for the whole ride.
Depends on who is riding and how talkative we are :)

Feel free to join us for an early morning ride.

AJ is doing this same route every Saturday... Leaves at 7:30
A former member
Post #: 32
we are doing the ajs ride this morning. fyi
A former member
Post #: 33
Two of us rode out to Andice and back. Avg. 15.5 mph. Had a few flats that hurt our avg mph.
It was a blast though!

Another training ride will probably happen this Wednesday.
Let me know if anyone is interested
A former member
Post #: 34
Wheels down at 6am Wednesday. Riding from AJ's Cyclery to Andice and back. About 50 miles.
This is the exact ride they will be doing for the TRES Burrito!

Let me know if you are intersted in joining.
So far it is just two of us going