You MUST RSVP with the below Eventbrite link to save your spot:
Are you proficient in python and are interested in building a blog from scratch? Then this FREE hands-on program is for you!
In this bi-weekly 6 class workshop, you will build your own self-hosted static page blog site using Python. You will also learn how to write Flask programs to help you create and edit blog content in a SQLite database.
After completing the program you will have learned how to:
- Write Flask programs to create and edit blog content in a SQLite database
- Write Frozen-Flask programs to create static web pages
- Write a Python program to publish web pages to blog site and create virtual environments for development
- Use HTML5, CSS3, Jinja2, and Bootstrap to build framework and pages
- Use Python-SQLite to migrate data
- Use Bash aliases and functions
Six two-hour class sessions, with a two-week work period between classes.
Laptop for classwork and access to a remote server for publishing blogs.
Intermediate coding ability in Python
To learn more about our software engineer or data scientist programs visit https://www.galvanize.com/full-time
About our Sponsor
Galvanize is the premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education - part-time and full-time training in web development, data science, and data engineering
Workspace - whether you’re a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to support your company’s growth
Networking - events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com.