addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Electronic Dance Music Group Message Board › 200 members! I <3 this group!!

200 members! I <3 this group!!

JD T.
user 4458536
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, we just hit 200 members! Thank you so much for coming out and supporting the group and the scene and for being a part of this group. This is such an awesome group of people and I'm so thankful for Talbot having started it and for all the amazing people I've met so far.
I'm thinking about putting together a member appreciation night soon to celebrate the growth of the group. If anyone has any ideas for cool stuff, let me know! Also, if any of you are DJ's and are interested in spinning, hit me up!
Janea
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Janea and crew,

How about a simple house listening party where people can mingle over music? Maybe pick 4-6 people with different tastes to prepare Spotify playlist, changing on the half-hour, and using it as an icebreaker? Like, "Hey everyone! I'm Billy Bob and I like techno, here's what I've been listening to this week..." Beer and rum should be involved, too.

I think that would be cool.

JJ
JD T.
user 4458536
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
Hey Jason, I really like this idea! :D This actually sounds like something that would be cool to do on a semi-regular basis to help keep up to date on new music. Would you be able to host something like this? Or would we need to find another place?
A former member
Post #: 6
I second (or third) that proposal. It'd be great to spin with others in this group, and since I'm just starting out with digital media would love to get tips from more experienced DJs. I guess we just need to find somewhere to do this? My place is way too small and I don't think the neighbors or building management would approve...
A former member
Post #: 8
BTW, I just ordered a couple of light sets:

http://www.youtube.co...­
http://www.youtube.co...­

I can bring these to set up at any house parties we have. I have a small fog machine, too.
JD T.
user 4458536
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
Awesome!! biggrin