I'll tell you a secret... you are a storyteller.
This is an on-your feet online workshop focused on storytelling.
You will play games, do storytelling exercises and learn tools to help you connect to your audience.
This class is for all skill levels.
Register here for additional details, links and reminders: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intro-to-improv-you-are-a-storyteller-tickets-114675449356
Forbes, the New York Times, Harvard Business Review and many other publications have written about how improv training is amazing business training, improves communication, increases creativity and reduces anxiety. But what’s the deal? How does improv help improv help us at home and at work?
Improv helps people:
- Listen and be present
- Be better communicators
- Tap into creativity
- Relieve anxiety/stress and release tension
- Celebrate making mistakes and be more resilient
- Gracefully deal with uncertainty
- Make your partners look good and collaborate on teams more effectively
- YES AND in addition to being useful, improv is fun!
What Takeaways to Expect
- Develop deeper listening skills
- Hone your audience awareness
- Embrace body language that makes you open and flexible to ideas instead of closed off.
- Be more comfortable going off-script (i.e. improvising) during presentations, in Q&A, and in life.
- Take the focus off yourself and serve your audience by “being interested, instead of being interesting”
- Use “yes and” thinking to collaborate more creatively and effectively with your team
- Take care of your teammates and notice when team members feel excluded or afraid to contribute their thoughts. Sometimes, great ideas go unspoken.
Remember to register here: