addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Speed-Writing Challenge Group Message Board › Tonight's Virtual Writing Exercises

Tonight's Virtual Writing Exercises

A former member

Good evening, Friends! Here are your Virtual Writing Exercises for tonight. Since we are not meeting at Caffe Medici, you have all been refunded. We wanted to at least finish off tonight right by giving you some exercises to keep you writing and thinking! This should take you about 30 minutes. Let me know how you liked these, and please feel free to share with me! autumn@bodhibooks.net­ Enjoy and good luck everyone!

Exercise 1- Invent an opposite. 2 minutes.
What is the opposite of a kiss?
What is the opposite of green?
What is the opposite of a train?
What is the opposite of cake?
What is the opposite if a fence?

Now use both the thing and its opposite in a story, poem or essay.

Exercise 2- Develop a scene. 5 minutes.
A character arrives at work to find her chair missing. What happened to it?

Exercise3- Fill in the blank. Then develop into at least a paragraph. 6 minutes.
I remember the time I had to tell my family ___________. They didn't believe me.

Exercise 4- Red Balloon. 12 minutes.
Think of something that is bothering you, taking up too many of your thoughts and too much brain space. Now imagine that this "thing" is represented by a red balloon. You need to take it to a place that is meaningful to you and let it fly away. Write about this experience. Include thoughts, feelings, where you went to release your balloon, and how it felt to let it go.

Exercise 5- Personal reflection. 5 minutes.
Expound on the following. And write what you would CHOOSE to do, not what you HAVE to do. Evening is the time for....

I will still do the drawing and notify the winner. Then I will send the prize through the mail. You guys have all been fabulous!