addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Womens Group Message Board › Cancer treatment and Prayers

Cancer treatment and Prayers

This message board is read-only.

Wendy
user 6147992
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Good morning ladies,

I am up early this morning (those that know me, know Im up early every morning)but today Im up getting ready to take my oldest to college orientation--although it should be all about him, I dont think we are made that way, us humans, we change, hurt and grow when those closet to us are growing, and it helps push us to the next level if we allow it--

Ive headed this email about prayers and cancer treatment and will tie this together in my email soon--(We all know I can write)--

I started this womens group because of my time in need and it has helped me in so many ways to grow, and has helped me in difficult times, and hope it has you as well--

I received an email from a lady early this morning, I dont know her well, as she has recently joined our clan--and she has recently been dianosed with cancer, and letting me know she will not be around for a while--what a difficult transition in life--

I do think some of you have joined the group, just looking to have more fun in life, but many of you because we are in transition, trying to find, something, and not even sure what it is we are looking for--

But, what I do know for sure, in this group, or any place we spend time, we want to be accepted, to connect, to matter, to belong--to find peace in our minds, and in our hearts--

Life is sometimes not fair--but, lets pull together, send out in thoughts and prayers in the universe, for this lady, and also for those of us going through "our" difficult times--and try and remember to share joy, give joy, and receive joy in your life today, and every day--

Wendy
A former member
Post #: 5
That was beautiful and touching Wendy!!!

Rose
Wendy
user 6147992
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 42
Good morning ladies,
Thank you to so many of you that replied to my email over the past couple weeks--
I received an email from Sue last night, and sharing it with you--I have logged onto her web page, looked at her gorgeous pictures, and signed her signature book--Life is an amazing journey--give love, give support, give kindness each and everyday--

Wendy,
Thank you for the kind words of support. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. My life has been a roller coaster ride during the past few weeks, and unfortunately there have been more dips the upward sections. Maybe an all out freefall would be a better description. Needless to say, I have not been able to check emails as frequently as I would have liked. Things are beginning to settle down. My diagnosis and treatment plan have completed changed. I was confirmed with pancreatic cancer and am now undergoing chemotherapy and some further testing to determine if the cancer has spread with the hope of still being able to be a candidate for surgery to remove the cancer.

A dear friend has set up an update and progress website on CaringBridge.com. If you care to share the link with the group, I would not mind at all, but also if that does not fit with your philosophy for the group, I completely understand. http://www.caringbrid...­

I am going to try to begin signing up for some things as I am able and have permission to be out in groups. I enjoy the group and would like to keep active and busy as much as I am able.

Thank you for sharing the information about the cleaning service. But more importantly, thank your for sharing my story with group and gaining their support on my behalf.

Take care of yourself.
Sue

A former member
Post #: 40
The CaringBridge website is amazing. I hope my good vibes for Sue can transmit through the computer.