addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › Dust yourself off

Dust yourself off

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

I was lost and now I'm back on track. We're all on a journey called life and those of us that are a part of AXEN are definitely off the beaten path -- we're making our own path as we go. By chasing our dreams and going for the things we want most in life and by virtue of defying convention it is the road less traveled.

I got lost in a Dark Forrest of despair because my business was facing some real uncertainty because of certain contracts that had been delayed that are key to my financial success and the viability of my company and my efforts for all these years. I finally came to some valuable lessons after taking some tumbles over the last few weeks but realize every time I get up and dust my self off that I'm stronger for it.

It wasn't the actual situation that was the problem, it was my past that was the issue, I believed something bad was going to happen so I totally shut down. It's like a kid who is in the dark in his room in bed and sees a big scary monster in the closet because the lights are off but in actuality it's just an old coat.

This was my lesson, I chose the road of an entrepreneur -- with that comes a lot of uncertainty, I need to care for myself and nurture myself because I wasn't doing that before.

Here is a beautiful cartoon that illustrates this point by Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager and Philosopher Ray Dalio, Author of the great book called Principles: https://www.youtube.c...­

See you on the Mountain Top,

Dynamo