- Opportunity Night: Make new friends, Discover New Opportunities
Our word "opportunity" was used by English sailors. The "opportunes" were the most favorable of "winds" coming along once in a great while. These winds of fortune were known to carry forward a ship directly toward its destination. Today we use the word opportunity to mean something that can carry you forward toward your purpose or goal (from verb root "port" meaning "to carry" and prefix "op" meaning "forward"). This meetup is open to members of our group along with anyone sharing a mutual connection, curiousity and/or passion for Ayahuasca and other healing plants of the Amazon. In order to meet and discover personal opportunities, chairs will be arranged in pairs. We will start with a short introduction at 7pm allowing us to open ourselves to new opportunities. The gong will sound at 7:15 and every 10-minutes, thereafter, and be used as an opportunity to meet other people. Be sure to bring a notebook and pen. (The cafe sells bottled water and snacks.) At 8:40pm there will be a wrap-up and opening sharing. As always, a $3.00 donation ($5/couple) is asked to help cover room rental expense. Spring is a time of growth. Personally, I hoping to be carried forward into new and lasting friendships and exciting life adventures. Hope to see you soon, -Don
- Dr. Sarah Amedoro: A Journey with Plant Medicines
Our group welcomes Holistic Wellness Coach* Dr. Sarah Amedoro. She will discuss her initial clinical interest in plant medicines, personal healing experiences, and the importance of post-ceremony integration. Her talk will focus will be on her personal growth using Ayahuasca and other healing plants. Dr. Amedoro received her doctorate in clinical psychology in 2017. She holds a specialization in neuropsychology and has become a certified yoga teacher. Besides her coaching practice, Dr. Amedoro teaches yoga and meditation, and facilitates a variety of workshops. www.drsarahamedoro.com This special meetup is for both experienced and inexperienced group members who wish to understand more about the profound healing proffered by Ayahausaca and other amazonian plants. I’m honored to have Dr. Amedoro present to our group. Open meeting, 7-9pm, Tuesday, Feb 26; usual $3 donation to cover costs (or $5 for couples). Please come a little early to enjoy the bookstore and get your seat. Your friends are welcome to join you. Please Note: We are expecting this meetup to be popular, so please rsvp as soon as you are able. Thanks!
- A Talk by Erin: Ayahuasca, Kambo and Rape
Erin Gahan Clark has been working with Amazonian medicines since 2015, and has been a certified Yoga teacher since 2007. She received a 200-hour and an advanced 300-hour certification in yoga styles including Vinyasa, Sivananda and Anusara. At the upcoming meetup, Erin will share her experiences and insights about Ayahuasca, Kambo and Rape. In addition, she'll perform two beautiful Aya songs and discuss how these powerful medicines can be used to augment gains achieved by practices such as yoga and meditation. Erin is grateful to be here on Earth and engaged with the great work of waking up! I am thrilled to have her! See you there! Please note: As always I ask a $3 donation ($5/couple) to help pay the room charge.
- Ayahuasca: The Basics
Ayahuasca: The Basics What can an Ayahuasca ceremony do for you? English scholar Graham Hancock once suggested that all world leaders go to the Amazon and drink Ayahuasca—the vine of the soul—and in doing so, they would gain the necessary understandings of this world. This 2-hour presentation will connect you with others who wish to further explore this path of health and enlightenment, as-well-as answer basic beginner questions, such as: What happens at an Ayahuasca ceremony? Is it safe? Will I freak out? How do I BEST prepare? Where do I go? How much does it cost? What personal benefits will I get? In addition, you will discover an honest evaluation of who should not consider attending Ayahuasca ceremonies. Join your host, Don Woodruff, for a relaxing and enjoyable evening. As usual, a $3 donation (to help pay room rent) is requested ($5.00 per couple). Please note: 1. If you are experienced with Aya and would like a few minutes to share at this meet up, please contact Don. 2. This is a non-technical meeting for beginners. If you feel an inner sense of excitement toward Ayahuasca, please take time to attend. 3. Yes, you may bring guests—let us know how many. 4. Location: Crystal Visions—starts at 7:05pm, 15-minute break, water only in meeting room, come early to browse the bookstore...you will love the energy at Crystal Visions.
- A Talk by Jill: Co-founder of Nimea Kaya Ayahuasca Healing Center
Jill Levers made her first journey to Peru to experience Ayahuasca in 2007. During her second ceremony she received the call to dedicate her life in helping heal and transform humanity and Mother Earth. In 2008, she began the journey of opening the Nimea Kaya Ayahuasca Healing Center in the Peruvian Amazon and has been serving as a bridge between the western world and the traditional lineage of the Shipibo culture ever since. She has helped facilitate Ayahuasca ceremonies for hundreds of people from around the world where she has witnessed deep healing and profound spiritual awakening and transformation in their lives. Jill is also a co-founder the Selva Sprit NGO Association which focuses on reforestation, indigenous culture preservation and local health programs. Jill's passionate exploration into the consciousness shift that humanity is now traversing has strengthened her mission in assisting others heal and awaken. Jill will be sharing: 1. Her first experiences with Ayahuasca and how it produced a complete transformation in her life which guided her to open an Ayahuasca Healing Center in the Peruvian Amazon. 2. Shipibo Shamanism and how their use sacred plants and medicine songs are used to heal those they work with. 3. How Ayahuasca can help relieve and heal issues such as trauma, addiction, depression, anxiety, PTSD and varying medical ailments. 4. Integrating the Ayahuasca experience and how participants can maintain the long term benefits. 5. How Ayahuasca is catalyzing a great spiritual awakening and helping lead humanity into a new harmonious paradigm on Earth. In addition, our members will be invited to attend a retreat in Peru in late October! Learn more on her website: www.nimeakaya.org As organizer, I am very excited about this meetup and hope you can all make it. As usual, I ask a $3.00/person ($5/couple) donation to pay the room rent at Crystal Visions. There is limited seating so please RSVP soon for this special event. See you there! -Don
- Open Sharing
With 280 members, there are many of us who have been to ceremony and so...It's time to sit together and share our stories, insights, and (for some) our scary experiences with Aya. If you haven't yet explored this amazing plant medicine please come and listen to the stories and learn where you can go to attend your first ceremony and how to prepare. If you have attended ceremony, please come and share! Depending on the number of people who would like to speak, we'll adjust the amount of talk-time just prior to the event and will have a person watching the time so each person has equal minutes. As always, we rent this room and therefore charge $3.00 per person or $5.00 per couple as you enter. All money goes to room rent. There is a small cafe and an awesome bookstore and time to chat on break & after the meetup. (I may like to go to out to eat after the session...let me know your thoughts.) Hope to see you! -Don
- Discover Two Awesome Perspectives on Ayahuasca
• What we'll do Discover Two Awesome Perspectives on Ayahuasca by Michael Buttacavoli and Stephanie Toler Michael has been a long-term meditator. The primary goal has been extended awareness. He discovered the application of ayahuasca in 2017 that has been a catalyst in the meditative path. His experience will enable him to answer your questions regarding the practical and theoretical aspects of ayahuasca. Stephanie is a local writer and yoga instructor who is currently working on a book about Ayahuasca. Her own experiences in the Amazon Basin and here in United States, along with hundreds of interviews she's conducted, give her a unique perspective on Mother Aya's mission and the journey itself. Read about some of her experiences on her blog at: http://stephaniesfaith.com/plant-medicine-part-1-of-5 Each speaker will offer a 45-minute talk with a 15-minute break, and 15-minutes at the end to enjoy each others company. Donation at the door is $3.00 to cover room rental cost and help pay for our meetup dues. Note: Due to the size of the room, there is limited seating. Please RSVP, as soon as you are able. Hope to see you there! -Don • What to bring • Important to know
- Ayahuasca: A talk by Valerie
• What we'll do Hello Everyone; To start off the new year, I would like to invite you to our meetup with guest speaker, Valerie. She is a Hatha Yoga teacher trained in India, a Reiki Master trained here in US, and a Medicine Woman trained in Peru in the Shipibo tradition. Valerie has well over one-hundred ceremonies under her belt...in fact, some of you had the pleasure of meeting her at our last meetup. She is a very loving and very knowledgeable on the subject of Ayahuasca. This is a perfect introduction to Ayahuasca as well as a joyful connection to another truth seeker who happens to be a real Aya medicine woman. As usual, I ask a two-dollar donation to help with the room rent. And do come early and peruse the Crystal Visions book store. Happy New Year. -Don • What to bring • Important to know
- Come to the October Ayahuasca Meetup
Hello again. Our October Meetup is an open sharing of personal Ayahuasca stories. It is especially for members who have yet to participate in their first ceremony. I'll always remember the day I flew to Orlando for my first Aya weekend. I looked down and saw this sign. Since that time, life has changed. I hope you will come and sit with others who are also drawn to this powerful medicine. Whether or not you wish to cure an addition, depression or your PTSD, or simply wish to explore other realms of reality and gain a clear understanding of life on this planet...Ayahusaca is available for you. Please try to arrive ten minutes early. Since we rent the room from the folks at Crystal Visions, I ask you to donate $2.00 to help with the cost. Bring a friend and meet new friends at this meetup. -Don