Learning WordPress is a great way to start the new year!
WordPress is everywhere and it’s only a matter of time before you’re asked to post on a WordPress site. Or, you'll want to create your own blog. Will you be ready?
In this Meetup, Blogger, Web Designer and BCATW Communications Director Mari Kane will show you how easy it is to post your writing on a typical WordPress site.
She will cover:
• formatting text
• uploading and formatting images, audio and video
• optimizing posts for search engines
• working with links
• composing compelling headlines
...and more, all questions answered!
This Meetup would be an excellent opportunity for members who haven’t created a profile page at bcatw.org and want to learn how to do it.
BCATW Board Members - please arrive at 6pm for a tutorial on using our Mailchimp service!
About Mari Kane
Mari is a writer, blogger and WordPress web designer in Vancouver. She blogs about blogging at her site, BlogsiteStudio.com (http://blogsitestudio.com/), where you can get her latest ebook, Secure Your WordPress Website, free with subscription.
Her first ebook, Create a WordPress Website in Ten Easy Steps, is available there too and you can view video excerpts of it at Mari Kane's Blogsite Studio on YouTube. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeO7BWf__TrawjpSoovc56w)
Mari also blogs about drinks at Tasting Room Confidential (http://tastingroomconfidential.com/) and about travel at the BC Association of Travel Writers (http://bcatw.org/) site.
In addition to blogging and designing sites, Mari tutors business people and creatives about WordPress.
Read more about Mari at BlogsiteStudio.com (http://blogsitestudio.com/).
About the BCATW
The BC Association of Travel Writers promotes, encourages and supports B.C.-based travel journalists, bloggers and videographers. We do this by:
– presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession.
– maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry.
– upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry.
– disseminating information and potential markets with the membership.
– providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
One perk of BCATW membership is attending BCTW Meetups for free!
Become a member of BCATW! (https://bcatw.org/become-bcatw-member/)
About Tap and Barrel
At Tap and Barrel in Olympic Village (http://tapandbarrel.com/locations/) you will enjoy breathtaking views of Science World, BC Place and Rogers Arena from the second story Library Room. It's accessible from the Science World Skytrain station or the Olympic Village Canada Line station. And, there's an elevator, offering wheelchair accessibility.
The Library Room has a wide screen, two large tables, plus a big couch, and it fits 20 cozily.
Tap and Barrel offers 24 BC craft beer taps, 14 BC wine taps, and even sparkling on tap, in addition to a full menu.
Please RSVP now for this Meetup, but as usual, please respect the RSVP process by canceling promptly if you are unable to attend. No-shows will be banned for 3 Meetups if they do not cancel by 5pm on the day of.
No BCATW members will be turned away if they are on the waitlist.