9904 S. 48th St, Phoenix, AZ
Let's do another fitness hike at South Mountain. We will head up the Marcos De Niza trail over to the dirt road and back to the parking lot. This is almost 3 miles and it should take us 1 hour.
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp or flash light and snacks if you need them.
Be on time! Hikes start promptly.
Here are directions:
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if
you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll
see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the