addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bryan/College Station Atheist & Freethinkers Message Board › Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome New Members - Introduce Yourself Here

Shamar
Shamar
Group Organizer
College Station, TX
Post #: 3
Welcome to all new members, feel free to say hi and introduce yourselves :-)
Shamar
Shamar
Group Organizer
College Station, TX
Post #: 5
Well...I guess I should start...My name is Shamar. I'm a 28 year old college student (yeah, I started college a bitlate in life). I'm a psychology major, neuroscience minor here at Texas A&M University. Some of my favorite subjects include philosophy and physiological psychology. I love science, and am a huge fan of the atheist and skeptics movement, as it is today, and love to discuss skeptical topics. I'm a very open person, always interested in trying something new, and I love to discuss other people's unique points of view.
I have a rather unique story of my environment growing up, which I'd be happy to discuss if one were curious, and I also find others unique stories, especially stories as to how you came to your current opinions on metaphysical sumjects to be quite fascinating.

There is a lot more that I could say, but I'm tired, and need to get off here and go to sleep. I may expound later and I'd love to hear a bit from other members of this group. C'mon guys, and gals, don't be shy..... let's get some conversations going :-)
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone
I am Steven Sun
and i just got to Texas about a month ago from PA
i am currently in the graduate program at A&M
and looking for some new friends to hang out with around this new and exciting place =p
A former member
Post #: 2
I am also from PA. I am actually heading up there on Wed to take my kids to spend the holiday w/ the grandparents.

Hi everyone
I am Steven Sun
and i just got to Texas about a month ago from PA
i am currently in the graduate program at A&M
and looking for some new friends to hang out with around this new and exciting place =p

A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you! I am so excited about this group. I live in a tiny town about 40 miles northwest of B/CS. Been living here for almost 6 years now. Aside from my husband and one friend, I have felt very isolated. My friend and I have been traveling to Houston to meet w/ some atheist moms just to have some comradery. I have a part-time job on the weekends, so the Sunday meetings are going to be few and far between for me. However, I am very interested in the possibility of a weeknight meeting. Looking forward to discussions on this site and hopefully meeting in person one day.
A former member
Hello. I'm Jeni. I'm a faculty member at A&M. Been here 2.5 years and thougt I'd hate being in a conservative town, but I've made good friends and I love it here. I have two kids... I came out a few years ago as an atheist. Before that, I identified as an agnostic/secular Jew. This is my least favorite month . . .
A former member
Howdy all! I'm Kedren Reade Sitton. I've been staff at A&M since 1997.

Look forward to meeting everyone! I should be at the 12/19/2010, Sunday meetup. See ya there!
Michael G.
user 13864804
College Station, TX
My name is Michael Giant. I'm 21, single, just started working at pizza hut,
I drive a Yoda 4Runner, I love playing just about any and all games mostly enjoy strategy and first person shooters, my favorite thing to do is hang out with good people and conversate with or without alcohol...Oya I got a cat and a dog!biggrin
I've been playing poker professionally since I turned 18.
I've been growing very bored with the repetitiveness of it however,
and now I've moved back to the B/CS area to try and establish a more
well-grounded form of income. Seriously beginning to think about college
and always interested in a variety of discussions. Always up for just about
anything, and always willing to meet new people.

Also....I'm really glad I found this group, I've already met so many nice, interesting, and smart individuals.
biggrin
A former member
My name is Kaileah. I talked to Jen and Katy during my first meeting and it was awesome. I heard about this group through Michael; I am glad I decided to come. I have had a lot of fun since joining. I really enjoy being around more grown adults rather than the "new" adults on campus. Since joining I have participated in 3 Sunday meetings, Game night, Movie night, and Josh's birthday. Thank you guys so much from the welcoming spirit non-believers are supposed to be incapable of.

A little about me:
I don't talk a lot. I am a listener, which is why I thought this would be a good way to let people know who I am other than the young girl that attends the Atheist Church on Sundays. laughing I am nineteen years old. I attend Texas A&M [Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2014!AAAAAAAAAAAA!!]. I am currently studying for a BS in Biochemistry and Genetics, however I have been contemplating a major change. I am pre-med. I want to be an OB/GYN; I have always wanted to be this type of doctor, ever since I was a little kid.

I am not from Texas, though I have lived here for 3 or 4 years now. I am not really from anywhere. I have moved quite a bit in my life. I drew my first breath in San Diego, CA. I have lived in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas. I have going to more school that I have years of life.

Both of my parents are religious, though I am not sure/ do not care which denomination. My father intends on being a preacher when he retires. My mother is a conditional Christian. She believes, but she only follows the word when it benefits her. Imagine that. I have been skeptical since before I hit the double digits. I wouldn't say that I am atheist, but I'm not quite sure what I believe. I'd just like some proof, please? I used to waiver between forcing myself to think I believed and beating myself up for not believing. That is just another problem I have with religion; inquisition is frowned upon. Desire for concrete proof rather than the abstract and the easily discredited means that there is something wrong with you? What the t-sip? tongue

I like long walks on the beach, candle-lite dinners...just kidding. I like joking around. I am sarcastic and I tend to mess with people a lot.

I feel like I have written enough. Therefore, I shall retire. Hope to see y'all soon.
Jess C.
user 14487451
College Station, TX
Hi! My name is Jess Cooper and I am from The Woodlands but haven't found an Atheist group that I can really identify with yet. I believe in speaking my atheism aloud and like the activism in the Texas community. I want to meetup!