What we're about
New to the area and building a fantastic group. BCainsPhotography is here for all its members. Starting out slow for now with monthly meetups/workshops. Soon to have weekly meetups/workshops to choose from. Working to find studios, models, hmua, photographers..........
Furthering the photographic skill set of our members through our dedicated social networking community at BCainsPhotography sponsored speaker seminars, weekly educational workshops, hands on low cost shoot outs and business networking events. Regardless of your current skill level if you have an honest desire to learn all you can about photography as a hobby or a business then this group offers all you need.
What exactly does BCainsPhotography have to offer?
Free Social Networking and Mentoring Community offering forums with free professional photography mentoring, professional image critique, and social image sharing galleries as well as technical forums with detailed tutorials for lighting, retouching and business issues.
Free Events BCainsPhotography Sponsored
Events where members can meetup, share ideas and techniques, exchange business information, meet with models, studio owners, makeup artists, hair stylists, wardrobe stylists, product reps, and many other industry professional. These mixer events will also allow members to tour various studios and photography related venues around the area.
•Bi-Annual Seminar Events – Free Events BCainsPhotography Sponsored
Featuring presentations and lectures from working industry professionals. These seminar lecture events will deliver fresh relevant lectures, technical demonstrations and question and answer periods with the featured presenter.
• Monthly Open Studio Shoot - minimal registration fee to cover model costs required
Each month BCainsPhotography will offer its members the opportunity to participate in low cost open model shoots at local studios, outdoor locations and or private mansions. Open Shoots bring participating member photographers together with local and traveling models, makeup artists and hair stylists in a professional working environment where they can network and shoot together to practice new techniques , experiment with various types of studio and location lighting tools such as strobes, speed lights, Fresnel lights, reflectors, soft boxes, beauty dishes and much, much, more. BCainsPhotography will always provide professional grade lighting equipment for participants use at all hosted events
• Weekly Lighting Workshops – Requires Moderate Registration Fees to cover Instructor, Location, Model and Production Fees. Some shoots will be low studio and model fees for open shooting.
Each week BCainsPhotography will offer members the opportunity to attend small group workshops led by instructors and hosted at local studios and outdoor locations around the area. Workshops available will include sessions covering a diverse selection of photographic genres and disciplines ie.
* Portraiture for families, individuals, couples, High School Seniors
* Head shots for actors, entertainers and corporate business people
* Fashion including High Couture, Editorial and Catalog
* Model and Photographer Portfolio Development including Beauty, Glamour,
* Retro Pinup, Rockabilly, Car Kulture, Hollywood Glamour
* Abstract and Conventional Art, Smoke, Still life, Street photography, lomography , Film Noir
* Commercial Photography , Stock, Catalog , Still Life, Food & Beverage, Automotive
* Shooting for Publication – Travel, Fashion Beauty and Magazines
BCainsPhotography will provide all needed models, lighting, locations and key subject props for all BCainsPhotography hosted workshops