718 East 20th Ave (Fraser and 20th), Vancouver, BC
Zen meditation is a Buddhist meditation practice that offers a potential awakening from the dream of our own ignorance. Periods of formal sitting are joined by periods of walking meditation.
BEGINNERS WELCOME! Meditation instruction and orientation is available separately at 7:30pm for anyone wishing it.
Both Soto and Rinzai practices may be expressed with the possibility of Dharma talks and Chanting on some Wednesdays. Casual tea and conversation may follow on some occasions after the final sitting period.
Wednesdays at 7:30pm
• North Shore Zendo will be leading the Wednesday evenings
There will be sitting periods with walking meditation in between, chanting and interviews on some occasions.
Cost: By donation
The 5 starting points to remember when beginning a Zen meditation practice:
1) Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
2) Sit still in a position that can best be maintained with comfort and alertness for the duration of your meditation.
3) Breath normally and gently be attentive of your breathing in this present moment.
4) Allow what you see, hear, taste, smell, feel or think to unfold without deliberately trying to control any of them.
5) Whenever you find yourself deliberately hanging onto or pushing away any part of what you see, hear, taste, smell, feel or think, then just return directly to the awareness of your breathing until you are ready again to try point (4) again.