What we're about
BE. is a community of positive, service-minded people in Central Florida, connected by our common interest of making a difference and our experiences of living a life of Humanist values. Our meetups are mostly volunteer activities such as meal serves, donation sorting, park cleanups, and activities supporting at-risk youth.
What is Humanism?
Humanism is a secular (non-religious) worldview focused on an individual’s connectivity to, and impact on, others and the world around us. We believe in the personal empowerment of everyone to influence the world around us and the potential value and goodness of all human beings, emphasize common human needs and experience, and seek solely rational, action-based ways of solving human problems.
What is a non-faith fellowship? A church is a perspective-specific community for people of faith; BE. Orlando is a perspective-specific community for people of non-faith, as well as for people of faith who believe that goodness, kindness, and compassion are ubiquitous human potentials. Like any fellowship, we share common goals, values, and interests (https://beorlando.wordpress.com/mission-goals/).
• Website & Blog: http://JustGottaBE.org
• Group Policies: http://JustGottaBE.org/group-policies (https://beorlando.wordpress.com/group-policies/)
• FAQ:Frequently Asked Questions (https://beorlando.wordpress.com/faq/)
• Social Media: Facebook (http://facebook.com/BEorlando)| Twitter (http://twitter.com/JustBEOrlando)
• Secular Gratitude: seculargratitude.wordpress.com (http://SecularGratitude.wordpress.com)
• Humanist Calendar: http://humanistcalendar.wordpress.com
• Positive Postcard Project: http://positivepostcardproject.wordpress.com
• Requirements of membership
BE. respectful of all diversity and welcoming to all.
BE. genuine. We ask that our online community reflect a genuine community of real people - all members must have a photo of themselves as their profile pic.