Do you love to read? Do you live North Austin or Cedar Park? Do you love to get together and socialize with your girlfriends over a glass of wine and discuss everything you LOVED or HATED about a book? Are you able to attend a book club regularly?
A few of the reasons our members like our book club (and reasons that you might too):
They love to read and book club has the ability to introduce them to books they would NEVER have read on their own.
It's a chance to hear different perspectives and opinions of the same thing. Each of us can read the same text and can have very different views, feelings, reactions and opinions. It's fun to hear them all.
We have a sense of community; a shared interest and book history.
This book club will:
Meet on the first Tuesday evening of every month at 7:30 pm (with some exceptions).
Choose the books together – everyone gets a voice (once per year).
Rotate hosting locations (private homes and public places).
Mostly meet NORTH Austin or Cedar Park areas.
Read one book per month September through May (we skip December).
The number one question that I am asked from prospective members is: What kind of books do you normally choose?
We choose the books annually, by democratic vote where each member at the meeting brings two book choices.
So, the answer is, there's no way to tell, but our picks for 2014-2015 were:
Memoirs of Cleopatra
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Wednesday Letters
Cutting for Stone
The only rules are:
1. You must be a female, have a photo in your profile and fill out the introduction questions. Sorry to the Male readers.
2. You must abide by our RSVP policy: If you RSVP yes to an event, you need to show up. NO SHOW 3x and you will, unfortunately, be removed. No offense, we are all grown ups.
3. Be respectful of others. Period.
4. Absolutely NO solicitation or pushing your blog, business or other venture on this meetup site.
5. Pay your annual dues of $7. You will have a 90-day trial period to decide before payment is expected. No refunds are given.