addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

BKK Fun (Events and Activities with Friends in Bangkok) Message Board › How to be an Event Host for BKKfun.com

How to be an Event Host for BKKfun.com

Keith
user 224182163
Group Organizer
Bangkok, TH
Post #: 5
Hi All,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for being a member of BKKfun.com. Whether you just joined or have been a member for a while, we are glad you are with us.

Can you believe it’s only been a little over year since we started the group and we already have over 1500 members and have hosted over 200 events! That’s 3 to 4 events each week!

I also want to thank our regular event hosts: Cliff, Bradley, Chris, Tom, Zak, Travis and Vic. We couldn’t have done it without you! THANK YOU!

So as the weather heats up, many of our expats and leaders will be leaving Bangkok for a few months this summer.

WE NEED YOUR HELP AS AN EVENT HOST.

1) Our weekly regularly scheduled events:
If you are one of our regular attendees (our Monday lunch or Friday coffee), we could use your help. I would like to ask you if you could be one of our event hosts. We get new members everyday and though we have our regular event hosts, they are not always available and if we could list you as one of the hosts, that way we have someone for our new people to meet and greet and also help the group reserve seats and tables at the event. You are NOT committed to be there every week. But if we have two or three members as event host, it ensures we have an event host every week so the burden is not on just one member. Please message me so I can add you as one of the hosts.

2) New Events:
With over 1500 members, let’s fill up the calendar with some “BKK fun!” Have some fun ideas? We’d love to hear them. Some ideas like happy hours/mixers, dinners, movies, wine tastings, hikes, bike rides, dancing, roof top bars, bowling, comedy nights, museums et al. We can assist you on these event ideas and we have some venues we can help you with as well.

We have some themed ideas like doing a monthly meetups looking for “Bangkok's Best” Pizza, Burgers, Happy Hours, Roof top bars et al.

A special note to our Thai members: As you well know, many of us expats are here because we love Thailand. Unfortunately, much of it is hidden from us. “The unseen Thailand!” There are some great night markets, great street food, great festivals, that are VERY Thai and we could use your help finding the good ones and navigating through them. Even MK and BBQ Plaza are not that easy for non-Thais. So a special request to our Thai members to help us organize some Thai dinners and other fun events. Maybe even a long weekend to some interesting out of the ordinary “unseen” places. I know I’m ready and I am sure many of our members are too.

Also if you are a meetup organizer of another meetup group, you are welcome to cross promote your events with us. We want a calendar filled with fun events. How can we help you. If you are a trainer, a bar, restaurant, a fun venue, and want to host an event, let us know. Thai language lessons, Yoga lessons, spaghetti night, steak night, all sounds good to me.

3) Travel Events:
I am a USA licensed travel agent. So if you want to lead a travel trip (maybe weekend trips to Krabi, Sumui, Pattaya or even a ski trip to Japan or a cruise out of Hong Kong) I can help you with bookings and all the stuff necessary. Message me for more details.

4) Sponsor our group:
We try to add value to our group. So if you’d like to offer a discount to our group members for your services, we’d love to list you in our sponsors section and we’ll send out promotions from time to time for our sponsors offering discounts. Please send me a message with your discount info.

How to propose an event:
To make sure we capture all the information we need to post an event, we have an easy online form to walk you through it. Please go to:

https://fs28.formsite...­

Please answer all the questions and submit it. I’ll get back to you about it very soon.

See you at the next event.

Keith
The Organizer BKKfun.com