Apr 7, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Are you coming out? …as lesbian, bisexual, or trans? …as the parent of a transgender son or daughter? …as a straight ally of LGBT people? Are you coming out regarding a belief you hold, a hidden disability, your politics, or something in your family background? “Coming out” can be complicated and scary - as well as exhilarating and liberating - regardless of how old you are.
This will be a safe, personal, nonjudgmental discussion about coming out. What are the pros and cons? How do we separate real danger from internal fear? Every participant will have the opportunity to share her story, identify her issues, get encouragement/support, and ask for specific types of feedback.
WHAT TO BRING
Whatever you want to drink and a small amount of light snacks to share.
Teen girls and older are welcome to participate.
DIRECTIONS: I-95 from SOUTH
• Exit 52 - merge right onto W Atlantic Ave / SR-806 E
• Get in left lane, drive 1.2 miles to N. Swinton
• Left on N. Swinton for 1.7 miles to 4 way stop
• Left on NW 22nd St. – Unity Church School on corner (famous school where tennis great Chris Everett's kids went)
• Take NW 22nd St to dead-end stop (0.3 miles)
• Left on Lake Drive to the dead-end cul de sac – brick driveway
DIRECTIONS: I-95 from NORTH
• Exit 56 Woolbright Road. Keep left onto W. Woolbright Rd / SR-792 E / SW 15th Ave
• Get in right lane- less than 0.6 miles
• Right on S. Seacrest Blvd. (1st light intersection after turn)
• Right on S. Seacrest - go 2.1 miles to NE 22nd Street (small store on right)
• Turn right. Go short distance to 4-way stop
• Go straight onto NW 22nd, crossing Swinton Ave. - note -Unity Church School on right (famous school where tennis great Chris Everett's kids went)
• Go straight past Unity School on NW 22nd St.
• Very short distance to next stop sign, dead-ends at Lake Dr.
• Turn left, go short distance to end of the dead-end
cul de sac - brick driveway
Lots of free parking, probably room for 12 cars in driveway that circles front of house, plus long street parking on both sides.
Two dogs live here – will be sequestered in bedroom.
One level, no stairs.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EVENT OR LOCATION?
Sharon: [masked] - (207)[masked]
QUESTIONS ABOUT BLAST IN GENERAL?
Toni Jr.: [masked]
PLEASE TAKE OUR QUICK, ANONYMOUS POLLS