What we're about
Burlington Area Music Lovers Meet Up is for Baby Boomers* who really enjoy music, live performances, and the opportunity to socialize with other like minded folks. Many genres of music are featured, including rock, folk, blues, R&B, funk, bluegrass, classical, and jazz, to name a few.
Scheduled Events Include:
• Shows for both local and nationally touring bands/artists. Some shows are free, others cost money. Members are responsible for purchasing their own tickets.
• Popcorn and Music Movie/Discussion Night in a relaxed, friendly setting where films/documentaries related to music are shown.
• Discussion/Share Music Events featuring a particular topic or type of music, with the opportunity for members to share their favorite music related to the discussion.
Suggestions for events from members, and the opportunity to host are welcomed and encouraged.
There is a one month free trial period, with $5.00 annual membership fee to help cover the administrative costs. Dues need to be paid by the end of the trial membership or your name will be removed from the group. You will have the option to rejoin the group at any time by paying the dues. Dues can either be paid online, or to the organizer at an event.
• Members are required to post a recent photo of themselves that provides facial recognition. This helps the organizer and other members to know who you are when we are meeting up for events. Please let the organizer know if there is a safety, or other concern that would prohibit posting a photo to the public, and we will figure something out.
• If you are unable to make an event it for any reason, please change your RSVP to no ASAP so we do not wait around for you to show. Also, some events have a waiting list, and changing your RSVP to no will allow someone else to fill your slot.
• Please be on time, and even a few minutes early for an event. Traffic, parking, and life in general is often unpredictable, so please allow a little extra time so that others are not kept waiting.
*Please note that the term Baby Boomers usually refers to those born between 1946 and 1964, but anyone who truly appreciates the musical genres described above are welcome to join the group