addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Backyard Skeptics Message Board › Public Discussion And Debate.

Public Discussion And Debate.

Steven R P.
user 14285380
Long Beach, CA
Post #: 5
Sorry if this is a double post of some sort. I thought I posted it before but I can't seem to find my post anywhere.

I feel a need to make a regular event where I can discuss political, ethical, and metaphysical issues in person with those who both agree and disagree with my own positions. Just a deep chat coffee group or something. I'm atheist and ex-christian. If any of the backyard meetups were within range of me I'd join them too, but so far they aren't and all I have to travel with is a bike on these steep hills in So. OC. Would anyone here be interested in trying to make such a meetup event around Laguna Niguel? Something where we can speak amongst ourselves and then invite different folks who have various religious and secular views to discuss in depth? It'd be like debating but with the goal of civil and honest discussion rather than persuasion.

A former member
Post #: 144
I don't any longer drive and I live in Orange, so it's impractical for us to meet in person. However, I do have a message board here that is almost deserted, and you're welcome to post there any topics you'd like to discuss. smile