What we're about
Never miss a chance to dance ! Follow Bal Folk SF Bay for folk dancing events. No previous experience required. Two-left feet are more than welcome too! Meet new people and learn to dance!! Bal Folk is an international movement started in France in 1970's, based on traditional music and dancing.
Ten reasons to participate:
1. Dance keeps both the body and the brain active, vital for people of every age.
2. Dance offers a way to improve strength and flexibility, which helps keeps muscles and joints healthy.
3. Choosing to start a new hobby can help you meet new people and make friends with people who have similar interests.
4. Dance helps you learn about your body, improving your posture and balance.
5. Taking time out in the day to partake in a hobby can help to reduce stress levels.
6. Dance can offer insight into other cultures, either through the dance style itself or meeting new people.
7. Dance can led to new career opportunities, or help build vital communications skills needed in every profession.
8. Participating in dance can help increase your self esteem and confidence through mastering new skills.
9. Dance offers a creative outlet for people to express their personalities in a safe environment.
10. Dance is a fun way open up new possibilities, keep healthy and enjoy yourself.
Enough ? So now dance !!
Probably one of the biggest fest-noz: Yaouank (rennes, France) https://yaouank.bzh/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAd4T-DSqAm