Scikit 101 workshop
• numpy - http://www.numpy.org/
• scipy - http://www.scipy.org/
• pandas - http://pandas.pydata.org/
• scikit-learn - http://scikit-learn.org/stable/
• matplotlib - http://matplotlib.org/
• ipython (with ipython notebook configured)
(Python 2.7) - http://ipython.org/
No knowledge of Python is assumed (A plus if you know Python well. But workshop will assume no Python knowledge. Should have had some programming experience. Should know how to read csv files, loops, conditional expressions). We will be using ipython notebook as our editor.
We will be using data that was used in this competition: https://www.kaggle.com/c/otto-group-product-classification-challenge . Please download train, test and sampleSubmission from the "Data" section of the competition.
Roughly, one-third of the workshop will be theory and two-thirds will be hands-on. The workshop will give an introduction to machine learning, talk about classification problems and use Python libraries to attack a problem. (Math will kept to a minimum)
Ragotham - https://twitter.com/raghothams