Lets have our first meetup and discuss functional programming, Scala and Akka.
We want to keep this very interactive and we're looking out for speakers and topics for the event. Do let us know if you want to present on some topic, use-case, how-to, lessons-learned, etc.
Also, if you want us to talk about any specific topic, post it in comments. We will try to add it to agenda.
Feel free to use any other language also apart from Scala, in case you want to explain some functional programming concept.
1. Real world functional programming - Suraj Atreya (30 mins)
This talk focuses on how to demystify the functional programming used in real world with examples in Scala and Haskell.
2. Scala type systems - Smita Sasindran (30 mins)
Types, types and types. Scala being a static typed system, the understanding of types is very important. This talk provides a taste of types.
3. Introduction to Akka - Manuj Bhalla (30 mins)
Akka a distributed, concurrent framework for building asynchronous event driven programming.
4. FSM actors - Prasanna (lightning talk)
Finite State Machines a great way to handle states built right into Akka framework.
5. Functional Programming with Groovy - Naresha Bhat (30 mins)
6. Monad Madness - Saumitra Srivastav (lightning talk)
Any FP discussion is incomplete without discussing monad. This talk will give you a taste of monads in Scala.
Please RSVP if you are interested.
Suraj ([masked]) - [masked]
Saumitra ([masked]) - [masked]