Scylla is the real-time big data database. An open-source drop-in replacement for Apache Cassandra, Scylla applies innovative systems programming techniques to a horizontally scalable NoSQL column-store design that results in extreme performance improvements: 1 million requests per second per node, with < 1msec P99 latency.
This meeting Agenda:
- 17:00 - 17: 30: Welcome and networking
- 17:30 - 18:00: Scylla: introduction, architecture and design decisions that make Scylla the fastest database you can use
- 18:00 - 18:25: Scylla User Stories: Anil Yadav and Yugandhar Nanda are going to talk about ScyllaDB use cases and experience at OLA.
- 18:30 - 18:55 An Operational Perspective of Running ScyllaDB in production: Raghu Udiyar, Swiggy
- 19:00 - 19:30: Open Q&A (if the 4th half hour will be used by other Scylla users)
Swiggy, Tower D, 9th floor
IBC Knowledge Park
Bhavani Nagar, Suddagunte Palya
In this meeting:
* Design introduction decisions behind ScyllaDB. We will go over the six design decision made at the beginning of the project, and how they guide us along the way.
* User Stories. Scylla users share their stories from the trenches of Big Data:
- Why and how did migrate to ScyllaDB?
- Problems solved along the way
- What should you pay attention to when migrating to Scylla?
Anil Yadav and Yugandhar Nanda, Ola Cabs
Raghu Udiyar, Swiggy
Local Scylla users (to be announced)
Tzach Livyatan and Tomer Sandler, ScyllaDB
Drink and food will be served, as well as limited number of Scylla swag (shirts and Scylla plush mascots :)
See you all there!