* Aquesta presentació disposarà de traducció simultània. *
For this meetup we have a very special guest. Matthias Kirschner, President of Free Software Foundation Europe, will join us for a talk about the importance of Free Software for society.
He will give some examples of FSFE's work from the past 15 years, and show how you as individual or organisation can work with them for software freedom.
Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives. It is important that this technology empowers rather than restricts us.
Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other fundamental rights like freedom of speech, freedom of press and privacy.
The Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology by:
• Helping individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination.
• Enhancing users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption.
• Encouraging people to use and develop Free Software.
• Providing resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe.
This event will be hosted by: