Barefoot Runners NYC Message Board › The Bare Essentials #1: SAVE THE DATE: Wednesday, August 11th
New York, NY
We are condensing communications and reminders into one weekly email, The Bare Essentials. Don't want to flood your inbox. This newsletter will contain club news, our running schedule for the week, and links on barefoot / minimalist running.
- Save the date of Wednesday, August 11th. Can't say more until it's finalized, but you will want to attend this run. Trust me.
- Awesome beginner's clinic last Sunday. We'll be doing more of these in the future for people who want to start slow
- Saturday 7/23 at 9am. NOT 10am -- we're trying to beat the heat. Columbus Circle on the north side of the giant fountain. RSVP
- Tuesday 7/27 at 6:30am. East 90th St. and Central Park, near the steps to the Reservoir. RSVP
- Wednesday 7/28 at 7pm. East 90th St. and Central Park, near the steps to the Reservoir. RSVP
- Military conducts randomized study on modern running shoes, discovers marketing hype (NYT)
- The abstract of the study: Injury Reduction Effectiveness of Assigning Running Shoes Based on Plantar Shape in Marine Corps Basic Training (PubMed)
See you out there!