We'll have a discussion about families, relationships and loneliness.
Since this subject is one which we all have direct experience of, I suggest we each bring a discussion point along to the meetup. Here are some ideas to think about:
- How cohesive is the family unit in comparison to the past?
- What social forces have made the old-fashioned notion of a family unit less common?
- Is our mental health challenged as a result of these changes?
- Are we increasingly identifying as a single social unit - ourselves alone?
- Are relationships now only expected to be short term?
On the night please:
-Sit in a circle and speak to the whole circle; one conversation at a time
-Aim for equal airtime; points should be:
-Arrive early to order drinks
The host moderates but peer-moderation is encouraged