Join us for a another fun walk/hike & exploration through the beautiful & gorgeous Marin Headlands via the Coastal Trail to the top of Hill 88, which many hikers consider to be one of the best places with breathtaking & picturesque views of the San Francisco Bay. Together, we will explore the eye-popping vistas from the breathtaking cliffs & magnificent breakers on the beaches. We will be exploring points of interest such as the Hill 88, Rodeo Lagoon & Beach with amazing views of Mount Tamalpais, Tennessee Valley & lookout points of amazing views of the San Francisco Bay. Have a great time socializing while meeting new friends & enjoy lots of fun & laughter. Members in the group are always nice & friendly. We always have a lot of fun whenever we all get together with a couple of other meetup groups also invited. So join in on the fun! We look forward to seeing you there!
• No special shoes are required, but good supportive athletic shoes are a good ideal. It can be very windy & temperatures can change quickly, so layers of clothing is highly advised. This is a family friendly area & a moderate hike that is steep in a few places. It is a section of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area & well maintained by the U.S. Park Service and Coast Guard.
We will meet at Starbucks for coffee & a meet & greet. At 1:45 pm, we will catch the Express Bus to Marin Headlands (23 min). We will start at the Marin Headlands Visitor Center then head towards Rodeo Lagoon up the Coastal Trail, a gated paved road, which has been rebuilt & reworked, now interestingly enough part paved road, part dirt road & part wooden stairs. The Coastal Trail leads from Rodeo Beach to the top of mighty Hill 88 in the Marin Headlands, what many consider to be the area with some of the most spectacular & amazing views in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area -- a large, decaying concrete structure that once held an enormous anti-ship gun now provides a platform for the most stunning vistas in the Headlands. We will witness some of Marin Headlands most beautiful natural habitat as we descend Miwok Trail back to Rodeo Lagoon & the Visitors Center. It's quite a distance & a few hills, so you will get a pretty good workout. At around 5:30 pm, we take the express bus back to San Francisco for some tasty Asian Food.
• NOTE: Before meeting up at Starbucks at 1:00 pm, be sure to grab your lunches, drinks & snacks or whatever you may need for our exploration at Marin Headlands. On vibrant Chestnut Street, there's a wide variety of markets/delis, stores, cafes, etc. Conveniently, there is a Walgreen across from Starbucks.
• LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Moderate with some rest stops for photos.
AFTER URBAN HIKE: Dinner, dessert, drinks, karaoke &/or whatever the night brings us!
• ORGANIZER FEE: An advanced fee of $2 is required via Paypal to join this event. (Or please message me if you would like to pay in person.) Sorry no refunds -- Please send payment as GIFT under the "personal" tab to:
REFUNDS: A refund is offered if the Meetup is cancelled or is rescheduled. Credit is given if the member changes their RSVP before the start of the event. Thank you!
• BUS FARES: $2 Per Adult Each Way
PARKING INFO: We usually get some late-comers because of parking issues. Parking is difficult in this busy area, especially on weekends. I would highly recommend public transportation. But, if you need to drive in, here is a link for parking garages in the area:
• RSVPs: Out of courtesy, if for some reason you can't make the event & have RSVPd "YES", please let the event host & group members know by changing your RSVP to "No" -- instead of doing a "No Show." We appreciate the notice even if it is a last minute change. Thank you for your cooperation!
• NO-SHOW & CANCELLATION POLICY -- Please be courteous & considerate to all members involved in this event by cancelling at least by 12noon on the day of the event. Members with habitual NO-SHOWS & LATE CANCELLATIONS (3 or more) may not be welcomed back to these events.
• IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ -- Liability Waiver:
Every member is responsible for his/her own safety on all events. Your RSVP to attend confirms that you have read and agree to our Liability Waiver below.
Participating in this event is entirely voluntary and you are responsible for your own safety. When you RSVP "yes" for this event, you are confirming that you understand and accept the risks, dangers and hazards of any outdoor activity and you are releasing and discharging any organizers & event hosts of the meetup group against any liability that arises from your participation in our group or its activities. Our guides are volunteers with no special training or qualifications. They are friends/members showing you around a place that they enjoy. They are not responsible for your safety or actions or anyone else’s.
You can find a link to Meetup.com’s TERMS OF SERVICE located on the bottom of every page on the Meetup site (click on Privacy & Terms--now 2 separate links). When you first created a Meetup Account, you were asked to agree to these terms. They cover what's considered appropriate use and behavior on the platform for both Organizers and Members. This includes a waiver of liability that extends to individual group organizers and the right of group organizers to govern their groups and remove members at any time. If you feel you've seen something inappropriate on the Meetup site, please forward the evidence to [masked].