The 17th annual California Freethought Day celebrates the First Amendment, scientific progress, and secular rights, combining the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us on Sunday, October 14, 2018, for engaging speakers, live entertainment, an authors' and podcasters' panel, door prizes, and more!
🎟 Tickets and Registration
Admission is free, but we want you to register to ensure there are chairs and programs for everyone.
To be eligible for $300 in door prizes you *must* register!
Donate $25 or more for a free "Supporter" keepsake button and you'll get access to free drinks and snacks during the main event.
Donate $75 or more and join us at the Supporters' Reception on Saturday, October 13 with most of our speakers and other guests. ($85 at the door.)
🎤 Speakers, Entertainers, Authors, and More
We are thrilled to share with you the many people who will be speaking, entertaining, and participating at our Authors' and Podcasters' Panel at this year's Freethought Day (and the Supporters' Reception the night before):
• Eugenie Scott, author, professor, activist
• Kavin "Science Mom" Senapathy, science and health writer, author
• Seráh Blain, Humanist lobbyist, mother, and grassroots activist
• Evan Clark, facilitator and entrepreneur
• Abby Hafer, author, scientist, educator
• Steve Hill, comedian and activist
• Representative Jerry McNerney (CA-9)
• Greydon Square, hip hop emcee and producer
• Victor Harris, poet
• Sean O'Brien, actor, director, and teacher
• Marie Bain, jazz singer and songwriter
• Elbe Spurling, Author, The Brick Bible
• Ryan Bell, author and podcaster
• Rebecca Hensler, Author and founder of Grief Beyond Belief
• Judy Saint, local activist and organizer
• and more to come!
❤ Support the Event
California Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit event, supported by our community. Your donation helps us cover insurance, advertising, equipment, speaker travel, and food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success:
• Donate: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25. You'll get free drinks and snacks during the main event.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Saturday, October 13th featuring live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, an open bar, and the company of our speakers starting at $75. Also includes drinks and snacks at Freethought Day.
• Sponsor: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $150. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
• Are you a Secular Leader? Join us for Secular Leadership Day! Activists and organizers from the area will love this day of workshops, networking, and the sharing of ideas, to make their groups more successful. It's Saturday (October 13) from 10-4, lunch included!
🔗 More Information and Social Media:
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @FreethoughtDay.