The 11th Annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Saturday, October 6, 2012 at the Ben Ali Shrine Center, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors' panel, and more!
Register today -- it's free and you'll be entered to win door prizes!
- Michael Werner - American Humanists Association
- Mikey Weinstein - Military Religious Freedom Foundation
- Jessica Alquist - Student Activist
- Chris Lombardi - Secular Coalition of America
- A.J. Johnson - American Atheists
- Steve Newton - National Center for Science Education
- Rebecca Hensler - Grief Beyond Belief
- Baba Brinkman - Hip-Hop Artist
- Brian Dalton - Mr Deity
- Victor Harris - Poet
- Keith Lowell Jensen - Comedian
- The Mockingbirds - Choir
- Freethought Heroes Gallery
- Authors' Panel
- Contests, Giveaways, and Drawings
- Awards and Presentations
- Organizations, Exhibitors, and Vendors
Other Awesome Stuff
- Film Screenings
- Family Fun Zone, by Camp Quest West
- Fundraising Reception (Friday)
- Leadership Day (Sunday)
Support and Volunteer
Here's just a few ways you can support the event:
Support Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $20.
Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Friday, October 5th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company of our speakers for just $75 or $125. Also includes priority seating at Freethought Day and an event poster signed by our speakers.
Host a Table: If you're an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It's free for student groups, $25 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at [masked].
Directions, Parking, and Carpooling
The Ben Ali Shrine Center is located at 1600 Los Robles, near the intersection of Interstate 80 and Capital City Freeway 80, across the street from Hagginwood Park. There will be plenty of free, on-site parking. Directions are here.
For those who prefer to carpool, please use the comments area on this page to make arrangements.
Register today -- it's free and you'll be entered to win door prizes! Consider supporting the day, too!