addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › We need local organizers!

We need local organizers!

Sergei
organicsergei
Fremont, CA
Hi,

I would like to ask everyone to think about possible events in your area. Anything from food and talk to volunteering or hiking.

We need hosts in such areas as San Francisco, Berkeley/Oakland, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Walnut Creek ... Anybody who can propose a place and a time for meeting locally. I will be glad to help posting it on the Calendar.

No need to worry that it has to be regular "position". Just invite people to your favorite spot for a coffee. Ask questions on our message board and see if the members will be interested in the live discussions. Book, movie, activism, anything goes.

I'm sure we have many interesting personalities and there is a great potential for establishing new connections. Just make the first step.

Thanks,
Sergei.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Sergei,

I've been going to the Humanist Community group in Palo Alto for a few months now, as well as the Brights group in Santa Clara. The Humanist Community has a number of weekly events and the Brights group has a couple of monthly events.

Along with creating new events, it might be interesting to co-op with these groups and their events. If you'd like, I can open the discussion with them and see what they think as well as act as the organizer for those interested.

Humanists Calendar is here: http://humanists.org/...­

The Brights group is in Meet-up....

-bruce
cupertino