- Crypto World Expo - San Francisco
Join Our SF Community Crypto Expo & Networking Event Crypto World Expo is an expo and networking event for 300+ founders, investors, crypto influencers and media. In addition to the expo there will be a job fair, investor speed dating sessions, time for formal business meetings as well as some unconference lightning talks and peer discussion on the hottest crypto topics of today. The exhibiting companies are those from or building on: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tezos, Chia, Algorand, Stellar, EOS and more. Buy tickets here: https://www.cwexpo.co/ What to expect: - 50+ companies showcase & demo at expo hall - Networking mixer - Business meetings - Company livestream interviews - Photo shoots - Job fair - Investor speed dating - Unconference sessions - Exclusive previews - Free crypto, accounts, and swag. Register here: https://www.cwexpo.co/ Whether you are: 1) part of a team building a practical and sustainable crypto business 2) an early adopter or developer who wants to experience the latest in blockchain tech and connect with the founders behind them 3) or an investor who sees this as the best time to find the highest quality projects Don’t miss out on our event in San Francisco on April 13 &14th, 2019. Buy tickets here: https://www.cwexpo.co/ For booths, sponsorships, media partnerships or volunteers feel free to email: [masked] Brought to you by the team that brought you the World Crypto Economic Forum 2018 and 100x Blockchain Investors in 2017.
- World Crypto Economic Forum (WCEF)
• What we'll do 2 Days • 1000+ Attendees • 60+ Speakers Nick Szabo - a blockchain, cryptocurrency, and smart contracts pioneer will be headlining the World Crypto Economic Forum. Szabo is the intellectual godfather of Bitcoin. He developed the concept of “bit gold”, and wrote a protocol for it that was a direct precursor to Bitcoin. He also developed the concept of “smart contracts” nearly two decades before it was popularized by the second-most popular blockchain technology today, Ethereum. Get tickets at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-crypto-economic-forum-tickets-40798780250 Other speakers include: Eric Ly (cofounder of LinkedIn), Michael Arrington (of TechCrunch fame), and a lot of other successful blockchain entrepreneurs and experts like Joey Krug (Augur/Pantera), Miko Matsumura (Evercoin), Spencer Bogart (Blockchain Capital), Bill Barhydt (Abra), and Toni Lane Casserly (Culture). For more info you can go to: http://wcef.co Who is this for? Founders Developers Investors Enthusiasts Why? Get Immersed - TED-style Talks, Panels & Lightning Sessions Get Funded - Token Pitch Competition Get Hired - Hiring Mixer / Hackathon Find Partners - Power Networking / VIP Lounge If you are on a budget and would like to volunteer in exchange for a conference ticket we have plenty of opportunities! Just email us at: [masked] • What to bring • Important to know https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-crypto-economic-forum-tickets-40798780250
- [Paid Ticket Required] ICO Financing: Raise money the right way (Keynote: SEC)
Standardization, legality and best practices for raising money through ICO’s has been a hot topic in recent months. Numerous options and models have been tested by bright entrepreneurs and developers seeking to find the optimal structure for a successful raise. This conference explores various frameworks, models, legal considerations, and venture opportunities in a series of discussions with top industry leaders and regulators. In a unique single day event, this conference offers valuable insight, seen through the lens of the entrepreneur as well as the government official, into the future of token sales. Purchase Tickets: here (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ico-financing-how-to-raise-money-the-right-way-keynote-sec-tickets-39260825185)(For 50% off use coupon code: BitSharesMeetup) Important Notes: **We will offer limited sponsored tickets at a discounted price for entrepreneurs and developers working on blockchain projects. Do you fit this description? Please fill out this form below. https://goo.gl/forms/hEWJMk4NkrXxBVs53 **This event is limited to 140 attendees and we will not allow additional purchases after capacity is met. Agenda: 8:00AM - 9:00AM - Registration and Breakfast 9:00AM - 9:45AM - Panel #1 - SAFT, Coinbase Framework, ICO Modeling, Utility Tokens. 9:45AM - 10:00AM - Break 10:00AM - 10:45AM - Panel #2 - Hedge funds and VCs: Trends, due diligence, and advice for teams. 10:45AM - 11:00AM - Break 11:00AM - 11:45AM - Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) presentation 11:45AM - 1:00PM - Networking Invite Speakers: Panels Panel #1: SAFT, Coinbase Framework, ICO Modeling, Utility Tokens Moderator: Laura Shin - Senior Editor at Forbes Patrick Baron - CEO at Ambisafe Financials Reuben Bramanathan - Product Counsel at Coinbase Jeremy Gardner - EIR in Blockchain Capital Ron Patiro - Head of Cosensys West Coast Panel #2: Hedge funds and VCs: Trends, due diligence, and advice for teams Moderator: Ronen Kirsh - Blockchain at Berkeley Jonathan Allen - Managing Partner at Dekrypt Capital Joey Krug - Co-Chief Investment Officer at Pantera Capital and Co-Founder @ Augur Ryan Zurrer - Principal & Venture Partner at Polychain Capital Charlie Morris - Chief Investment Officer of NextBlock Global Keynote Speakers: Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Presentation Speakers: TBA
- A Night with Ned Scott, CEO and Founder of Steemit
Steemit Founder and CEO Ned Scott (@ned) will be discussing his vision of Steemit and their latest announcement, Smart Media Tokens "a new way for publishers to monetize their online content and community, based on battle-tested blockchain technology." Find out more about Smart Media Tokens. ( https://smt.steem.io/ ) Steemit is a "blockchain based public content platform" that allows people to be rewarded for creating original content (Proof of Brain). Built on the Steem blockchain, it is one of many projects that make use of the fast and feeless three second transactions necessary for the nearly 900,000 daily transactions created by its users. Steemit has over 350,000 registered users and is ranked #2,150 for worldwide website traffic according to Alexa. Schedule 7:00PM-7:30PM Networking and pizza 7:30PM-8:15PM Ned, Steemit Founder and CEO 8:15PM-9:00PM Q&A and more networking
- BitShares Monthly Meetup
Hey all! This meetup will be geared towards: early adopters, developers, entrepreneurs. We'll have a general discussion on Bitshares/blockchain technology over coffee. We'll just meet at the back tables outside the Peet's coffee. See you there.
- Bitcoin/Steemit/Bitshares Holiday Party
Hey all! We'll be joining the SF Bitcoin meetup for the holiday party! From the Bitcoin meetup: https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Bitcoin-Social/events/228473689/ Celebrate the season of giving with the San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup! Connie Gallippi from BitGive will be presentingGiveTrack, which aims to bring transparency to charitable donations. Food, Drinks and Good Times will be had by all! We’ll also be featuring Bitcoin Art by CrytpoGraffiti and a Bitcoin Charity Auction. Special Thanks to our Sponsors KeepKey, Coinsource, Lisk, and Wachsman PR. See you there!
- Steemit Workshop
We'll be adding Steemit events on the Bitshares calendar because they share similar technology and many are involved in both ecosystems. Here is the agenda for the next Steemit Meetup! 6:30 -7:00pm: Eat, drink, and be merry! Beer, wine, pizza, and pastries will be provided. Bring a potluck dish if you can! 7:00 - 7:30pm: Steemit Workshop - How to Write A Successful Steemit Post (led by Anwen Baumeister, member of Project Curie) 7:30 - 8:00pm: Developers & Content Creators - Review SteemTools and brainstorm on new projects. 8:00 - 8:30pm: Planning the October Steemit Art Show. We hope to see you there! We hope to see you there!
- BitShares Monthly Meetup - Joining IBREA Happy Hour
Hey all! This meetup will be geared towards: early adopters, developers, entrepreneurs. This week we're joining the International Blockchain Real Estate Association for their happy hour. Chapter Chair Noga Golan (https://www.linkedin.com/in/noga-golan-37561a19) is organizing a happy hour meet up for the group to get to know each other and as a kickoff for the San Fransisco Chapter. The venue is Dirty Water (https://www.yelp.com/biz/dirty-water-san-francisco-4). Learn more about IBREA. More about IBREA - http://www.ibtcrea.org/ If you have any questions about Bitshares or blockchains I'll be there. -Jun