Do you love books!? Well you have come to the right place. We totally geek out on all types of books. There is a discussion group for many genres of books. Just pick one to attend or pick them all. This is a group effort and we are open to people doing their own organizing if they wish. Either way there is plenty to read and do.
1. This group is a fun, safe space for people to discuss their opinions, make friendships, read amazing books, and have great discussions. Harassing and threatening members will not be tolerated.
2. This is a group to meet people, even people you might potentially want to ask on a date. This is natural and acceptable, however many members attend for the reading and socializing alone. It is highly encouraged that any member not treat this group like a dating site.
3. If a well loved book is suggested as reading for the group, please be advised that not everyone will share the same opinion. This group encourages debate because it is what makes a good discussion. Respecting other opinions is highly recommended.
4. Group organizers are responsible for keeping an eye out for internal problems. If a member feels uncomfortable or disrespected please bring it to our attention.
5. We are happy to have so many members with the Bay Area Book Geeks and with the popularity of all our book clubs growing. Since the meetings are starting to have a consistent wait list that is sometimes nine people long, we are implementing a new policy to make it fair to all our members. To encourage members to keep their RSVP’s current we will start taking note of any no shows at all meetings. If three no shows turn up on your record then the next time you RSVP for a meeting and the meeting has a wait list you will be automatically moved to the wait list for that event. If you keep your RSVP current, then this will not happen. It is standard to update your RSVP at least 24 hours before the event if you will not be able to attend. We cannot track this and so I will trust everyone to try their best to abide by the 24 hour limit. We understand that emergencies happen, and if one comes up at the last minute, let us know as soon as you can, and we will adjust your record accordingly.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:00 PM
Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:00 PM
Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:00 PM
Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:00 PM