4799 Shattuck, Oakland, CA
Are you tired of ineffective, inefficient meetings? Do you embrace participatory democracy but are frustrated with consensus? This two-day intensive training gives you the essential tools for applying sociocracy (dynamic governance) in your existing or forming organization. This interactive, experiential workshop includes:
• Introduction to sociocratic values, principles and practices
• Consent decision making - implementing equivalence and effectiveness
• Circle (policy) meetings, roles, and elections - organizing work
• Organizational structure - how to scale equivalence, consent, feedback, and transparency.
• Operational effectiveness strategies
• Inclusive facilitation and leadership skills
The training will include a mix of interactive simulations, practice sessions, and exercises, presentation of essential information, and time for participant questions and feedback.
John Schinnerer is a whole systems design consultant who has taught and facilitated Sociocracy in Hawai'i, Australia, California and Oregon. His easygoing style and insightful approach support an optimal learning experience. The methods, tools and techniques that John offers invite maximum clarity, honesty, and integrity while enhancing efficiency and effectiveness to help you get things done and have more fun!
$500 for business/for-profit participants
$300 for non-profit/community/grassroots participants
• The registered participant may invite another person to substitute their place before the start of the workshop (in which they are registered) at no charge;
• If notice is received 7 or fewer days from the scheduled starting date, no refund will be offered;
• If notice is received 8-14 days from the scheduled starting date, a 50% refund will be offered.
• If notice is received 15-21 days from the scheduled starting date, a 75% refund will be offered.
• If notice is received at least 21 days from the scheduled starting date, a full refund will be offered.