addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Everything Outdoors Club Message Board › Availability?

Availability?

Anthony C.
Antimidation
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 6
Are people available during the week? I have a great spot that I hike a lot. Black Diamond Mines regional preserve and during the week you can avoid the 5 dollar cover fee to park. That's to say I have still gone during the weekends on occasion.

I usually go up there for photography and insect viewing (especially Ants) if anyone is interested in hiking in this area, let me know please. I am really interested in meeting some relaxed, easy going folks for hiking!

heres a link to the preserve page on the East bay regional park district site.
http://www.ebparks.or...­

Thanks, Ant
A former member
Post #: 5
Yes! I've been missing out on hikes because I work weekends. My true "weekend" is Thursday/Friday. I don't have a car though, so I'd need to carpool with someone, hopefully from near a BART station. I live near the Ashby BART but could go to another BART station if more convenient.

Heather
Anthony C.
Antimidation
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 8
Awesome, I do not have school this week. Not sure if you want to just join me one of these days. I'd like to get at least a few people to come with me on the hike. I tried posting an event for this group but no one rsvp'd so it never came up on the main page.

Thursday or Friday work for me as well. It's a pretty easy place to get to and you can take BARt easily or get a ride.

I usually like going somewhat early. Let me know :)

Thanks! -Ant
A former member
Post #: 6
I wish! I am quite busy in the next couple of days. What about next Tuesday? And can anyone else make it?

Heather
Anthony C.
Antimidation
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 9
I wish! I am quite busy in the next couple of days. What about next Tuesday? And can anyone else make it?

Heather

Hmm Next Tuesday works for me. I would like to get some more people going if possible. If I make it a meetup event will you rsvp for Tuesday next week? Need at least 2 besides myself to make it an official meetup.

Thanks!

-Ant
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Ant,

I went to 511.org and it's telling me it would take 2.5 hours on public transit.....??

Heather
Anthony C.
Antimidation
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 10
Hi Ant,

I went to 511.org and it's telling me it would take 2.5 hours on public transit.....??

Heather

holy smokes lol. Where are you again? Sounds like you are down in san jose.
A former member
Post #: 8
No, I live near the Ashby BART on the Oakland/Berkeley border.

Heather
Anthony C.
Antimidation
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 11
Ok, well it takes me 15 minutes to drive to Black Diamond from where i live and I am literally at the last stop of BART it pittsburg, and it takes maybe 1 hr 15 mins for me to go to a giants game in S.F. from where i live. That does not add up. lol

For you to get to the Pittsburg station from where you are is likely a little under 45 minutes.

No one rsvp'd the event so it's probably not worth it for you to come out. I will try another event. Have you ever hiked China Camp?
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi Ant,

Just saw your message. Okay, so in the future could you possibly give me a ride if I can get to you by BART?

Yes, I've camped at China Camp actually. Pretty hiking. Not incredibly removed from civilization, but pretty.

Heather