addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Everything Outdoors Club Message Board › Hikes Thursdays and Fridays

Hikes Thursdays and Fridays

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello all,

I'm new to this group and hope I'll get to know some of you soon! My weekend is Thursday and Friday - I work Saturday and Sunday early afternoon/evenings, and I've noticed that all of the weekend hikes posted here would make me late to work, due to commuting time to/from. (I live in Oakland on the Berkeley border, with no car.) I'm wondering if anyone would be up for hiking on a Thursday or Friday.... There are some hikes I can get to via public transport and bike, such as Wildcat Canyon in El Cerrito. Or if folks who have cars are interested, that's another possibility. Just let me know! :)

Heather
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Heather. I usually get one Friday off work each month, so hopefully this will work out. I'd be willing to pick you up, or are you close to a BART station? I could pick you up at Walnut Creek BART for hike opportunities on the warmer side too. I'll be out-of-town most of July though; yet maybe August?
Hong
user 4503062
Richmond, CA
Post #: 6
Hi, I have a flexible schedule and Fridays are usually free, however I don't like early. I have a car and can meet you at a BART station or other depending which direction we're headed. Any hikes you are particularly interested in?
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Heather,
Thursdays and fridays work for me also.If interested let me know.I live in concord and there are alot of trails at Mt. Diablo and I'm also willing to check out trails near you.
Gus.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi John,

Sounds good! I'm near Ashby BART, so that would work out. Let me know if you have any time before August. Where are those pictures from? I really like the one that sort of looks like a mini canyon. It reminds me of a place I would have liked to check out more in New Mexico.

Heather

Hi Heather. I usually get one Friday off work each month, so hopefully this will work out. I'd be willing to pick you up, or are you close to a BART station? I could pick you up at Walnut Creek BART for hike opportunities on the warmer side too. I'll be out-of-town most of July though; yet maybe August?

A former member
Hi Hong,

I didn't have anything particular in mind. I need to research some hikes! I'm thinking that I should just propose a hike day/time on this board, and see who is up for it. Any hikes you'd have in mind?

Heather

Hi, I have a flexible schedule and Fridays are usually free, however I don't like early. I have a car and can meet you at a BART station or other depending which direction we're headed. Any hikes you are particularly interested in?

A former member
Post #: 4
Sounds good! I'm going to either post a hike on this Meetup group, or contact those of you who said you are interested, once I figure out a good day/place. Any hikes you've loved?

Heather

Hi Heather,
Thursdays and fridays work for me also.If interested let me know.I live in concord and there are alot of trails at Mt. Diablo and I'm also willing to check out trails near you.
Gus.

A former member
The two trails that I am familiar with are the Lafayette reservoir-upper rim trail.This trail takes about 1-1/2 - 2hrs depending on the pace.This trail is in Lafayette and near a bart station.The other trail is in Concord and is called the falls trail.During the winter and spring seasons near the top of the hike you can view a waterfall not very big but nonetheless it is a fall.This trail is about 2hrs long.It also is near the bart station.