Hi Holochain Friends!
Great news: Jim Cook, Mozilla's chief financial officer is hosting us next Wednesday (Jan. 31) at their San Francisco office on Harrison street. Not to be missed.
How to get there:
2 Harrison St. San Francisco.
By Bart: take off at Embarcaredoro Street, and walk towards 2 Harrison Street.
By Ferry: Take off at Ferry building, and walk towards 2 Harrison Street.
By Uber/Lyft/Taxi: provide address above.
You can find all SF commute information here: https://www.sfmta.com/
Room name: "The Foxhole"
Tell security you're with the "Holochain Meetup" and they will direct you there.
- Welcome and introduction to Mozilla -- Jim Cook.
- Introduction and update Holochain/Holo [max 30 minutes].
- Hear from you about what sorts of things you are excited to build/use on Holochain.
- Take a look at how applications on Holochain are structured with Holochain co-founder Eric Harris-Braun.
- Get Clutter, the Twitter-like Holochain app, running. Please bring your Laptop for this portion, or get a head start here: https://github.com/Holochain/clutter
Developers, please fill out this survey as we're trying to get to know our community better: https://holo.host/dev-survey/
We would also like to know what day of the week, time and location you prefer.
If you have not filled out this questionnaire, please do so: https://goo.gl/fkZ9SZ
New tradition is to walk over to a pub close by and have a drink afterward (open to suggestions).
Holochain Chat: https://chat.holochain.net
Bay Area Holo Meetup Channel on that chat:
Bay Area Holochain Meetup
We are growing community of developers interested in building truly peer-to-peer applications that are faster, more scalable, and ten thousand times cheaper than blockchain apps. Holochain puts each user in control of their data, their applications, and the way those applications connect to one another. Come dive deeper into Holochain and collaborate with other developers interested in building truly distributed apps.