http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/5/3/d/6/600_274521462.jpeg IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN 10 SIMPLE WAYS, INCLUDING MANY THAT YOU MIGHT NEVER HAVE CONSIDERED, THAT YOU CAN USE TO START MAKING MONEY WITH YOUR CAMERA
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (Following the workshop, Scott will stay as long as needed to answer all questions).
Location: Workshop location is in San Jose and will be provided to photographers after registration.
Workshop Price: $95.00
Workshop Size: 16
Over the years, the most commonly asked question that I get from photographers is:
"How can I make money from my photography?"
It is no secret that the world of professional photography has changed dramatically over the last decade, however, there are still many ways in which you can be successful in this new super competitive market - but you need to learn how to "Work Different" and our instructor, Scott Gibson, is a master at finding new ways to make money doing what you love - taking photographs and making money doing it.
About Your Instructor: Scott is a highly successful, full time professional photographer and educator with a career spanning 22 years of full time work including over 600 weddings as well as extensive experience in fashion, food, portraiture, sports, aerial, real estate, corporate events and stock photography.
About This Workshop:
1. Postcards and Souvenirs: Scott has owned and operated the largest postcard and souvenir company in Santa Barbara for over 20 years and he will share some of his secrets with you about how to market your photography to this industry.
2. Simple Quick Location Portraiture: Everyone needs portraits: Realtors, business people, internet dating, actors and models, families, kids, doctors, authors, high school seniors, etc. This section includes detailed information on how to market and shoot a 20 minute outdoor portrait at almost any public location for $100-$150, and there is a nearly unlimited demand for this type of photography.
3. Self Marketed Regional Stock Photography Of Local Landmarks And Points Of Interest: You will learn how to self market your own exclusive collection of stock scenic photography of your area to realtors, local publications, magazines, businesses, etc.
4. Entry Level Real Estate Photography: There is a huge demand for reasonably priced real estate photography. Scott can teach any photographer the basic techniques of equipment, lighting, perpective correction and marketing to get started.
5. Elevated Photography Techniques: You will learn how to utilize a simple pole camera system to offer a unique elevated perspective for real estate images, large groups and other applications.
6. Product Photography: Scott will show how to use a simple 3 light studio setup to do product photography in a garage, living room or on location.
7. Small, Easy Weddings: This section will teach you how to market and shoot small easy weddings at reasonable prices which is a nearly untapped market. The current professional photography industry encourages even the least experienced, beginning photographers to go after huge weddings and charge top dollar. Like everything else, with wedding photography, it is best to start from the bottom and work your way up.
8. Kid's Sports: There are all kinds of kid's sports going on, all the time, and there is an unlimited opportunity to sell photos to their parents. Anywhere you can get access through someone you know, just go there and shoot, hand out business cards and collect email addresses to follow up.
9. Restaurants and Food: All restaurants constantly need images of food and interiors for marketing and will often trade for food credit. Any photographer should be able to find work shooting food, menu items or interiors and exteriors with just a few phone calls to restaurants or local dining directories.
10. Corporate Photography: Companies of all kinds and sizes constantly need photography of all types. Scott will show you how to reach this important market.
Don't miss this information packed workshop that will provide you with a vast range of ideas that can help you be successful in the world of professional photography.
Reserve your space as soon as possible.
Scott looks forward to sharing his ideas with you.