addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Waves to Wine MS Ride Questions.

Waves to Wine MS Ride Questions.

A former member
Post #: 2
I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this type of ride. http://bikecan.nation...­
I would like to do it this year hopefully with my sister who has MS. Although I am not sure she is going to I would still like to do it. I don't know anything about these types of rides and wonder if they are worth doing. Is it better to do them solo or as a team?
I know Last year the site said it had a few different rides up to 160 over two days. I am thinking 100 would be enough for me. This is one of two major goals this year for riding. I would like to do a century before doing something like this and I also need to ride with groups. SO what are your thoughts on the ride? Is it better as a team or solo? What type of experience have you had with rides like this?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Ronnie
A former member
Post #: 12
Hi Ronnie,

I did an MS Waves to Wine ride quite a few years ago with my girlfriend. We did 100 miles each day. During the year leading up to that ride we did many long rides and a couple of centuries too. A team effort would make it easier if the team has the skills to hold a paceline or an echelon on the flatter sections.

Team or solo it sure helps to have reliable, no-excuses training buddies for companionship on the many training rides required to get in shape for a two day event.

Victor