Bay Area Movie Makers / Filmmakers, Actors etc Message Board › Latest News About Film Activities and Events and Next Film Exchange
|Gini Graham S.||
Some great news from the film world and next Film Exchange.
- The Suicide Party Project O, a feature film, which I wrote and am one of the producers, is being filmed in L.A. this March. It’s about a once successful salesman who can’t find another job and is about to lose his house and everything that matters to him. In desperation he decides to hold a suicide party; if he can take in enough to save his house and get back on his feet, he’ll live; if not he’ll end it all, leading to extensive media interest and a variety of unexpected happenings. The director Jack Skyyler and two lead actors Glen Praesel and Brandon Gibson have made over 30 feature films between them, and this is my first feature film project, after making over 50 short films. You can see more about the film at www.suicidepartyfilm.com; at www.facebook.com/youcansavedave, or atwww.gofundme.com/suicide-party. My other films are atwww.youtube.com/changemakersprod.
- One of the Executive Producers of the film, Anita Merrihew, is now looking for individuals with companies, products, or services they want to promote to be featured in the film as a product placement. It could be featured as a product the lead character sells, one of the companies Dave speaks to about a new job, the real estate company about to sell Dave’s house, a product or service advertised on the program where Dave is interviewed about his situation, a construction company where Dave friend’s Jerry works, a restaurant chain where Dave meets with his girlfriend Louise or friend Biff, or other product or service we can work into the script. There is a potential for this product or service to be seen by millions of viewers and be included in press releases and promotions for as little as $1000-5000, depending on how it is featured. Plus there’s a 10% referral fee if you can refer us to a company that wants to feature its product or service in the film. If you are interested, contact Anita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have been entering the Suicide Party Short, which was filmed in San Francisco and premiered at the Scary Cow Film Festival at the Castro Theater, in over 3 dozen film festivals around the country. These include festivals from California to Little Rock, Arkansas, which is the home of one of our Executive Producers. So far the festivals entered include: The Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood, the American Psychological Association Film Festival, the Napa Valley Film Festival, the San Diego Film Festival, the HollyShorts Film Festival, the Los Angeles New Wave International Film Festival, the Northern California Film Festival, the Los Angeles Film and Script Festival, and the Little Rock Film Festival. We’ll keep everyone posted, and we invite your suggestions on other film festivals we can enter around the U.S. (One of our crowdfunding perks is to pick your film festival, and we’ll enter it in your name. Details are at www.gofundme.com/suicide-party.)
- We now have opportunities for 3 or 4 Associate Producers to join the production for a small contribution to help with our marketing, promotion, and participation in red carpet events. For more details on all the ways you can benefit, send an email to my Executive Assistant Nancy Parker at email@example.com.
- Two of the short films I wrote and produced will be featured at the Scary Cow Film Festival on March 1 at the Castro Theater in San Francisco. One is a music video,Bankruptcy Blues that opens the festival, in which a singer sings about how he’s going to get rid of his mountain of debts by filing for bankruptcy. The other is a short documentary,Forgive Our Taxes: The Highlights, which features interviews with once successful but now struggling individuals who have lost their homes, jobs, or businesses and now face taxes they can’t pay. It also includes two lawyers and an accountant talking about how the tax and bankruptcy laws affect individuals and why these laws should be changed to be fairer to individuals facing economic difficulties. You can get a ticket at:http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/565558
- I recently became a partner in a new business: The Publishing Connection, which sends out email queries for clients to thousands of film producers, production companies, agents, managers, and distributors, as well as to publishers and agents and the media, so you can more easily pitch a film or book to the publishing or film industries or promote anything to print, Internet, and broadcast media. For more details, see the Film and TV Connection website at www.filmandtvconnection.com or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. The website for the Publishing Connection will be up in a few days at www.thepublishingconnection.com. I am continuing to help people write books, film scripts, and PR materials, too.
- I started a group – the Film and Business Connection – to bring together filmmakers with investors. Right now it’s based in San Francisco atwww.meetup.com/filmandbusinessconnection and you can join there once you become a Meetup member, which is free. I hope to expand this group to Los Angeles, too, if I find the right person to become a coordinator there. If interested, email me at email@example.com.
- Next Film Exchange is planned for Tuesday, March 4 in San Francisco; to be announced shortly.