addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 20
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Sam's help, I was able to go to the Red Rock Springs and got filled up with a 3 week water supply. I had to re-use some old 1 gallon water bottles from water I bought at the supermarket which wasn't ideal but it was all I had. I know it is best to use glass. I am wondering what type of bottles you all use, size, material, etc. and where you got them. Thanks.

Susanne
Ronit G.
user 10118140
Novato, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Susanne,

I use mostly glass bottles. I bought, over time, several gallon jugs and just fill them up one by one. I found some priced at $5 each while out of town. I plan to also go to my local glass recycling center to see what I can find there. I think you only have to pay 10 cents for each piece...

Enjoy,
Ronit
Christian B.
user 13520729
Group Organizer
San Geronimo, CA
Post #: 1
Search for 3 gallon glass carboys online. Price ranges from $22-50/unit + shipping. Try to get the best deal on units and shipping. 5 gallons glass jugs are heavier and more dangerous to carry around for some people, so we have 15 of the 3 gallons. We go thru one 3 gallons per day (household of 2 + 2 animals.)
Sam
user 6603879
Richmond, CA
Post #: 3
I found some 1 gallon glass jugs for $4.99 from El Cerrito Natural Grocery in El Cerrito (East Bay, just north of Berkeley). They are way more expensive everywhere else I have seen them. I wish I could find some 2 gallon ones or 2 1/2 gallon jugs also because the 3 gallon ones are a little too heavy (and expensive!!).